2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
Something is f***ed up over there. Why did he miss his MRI? Didnt he think that may be a bit important?

Saw that cubs fans are now saying they believe in the curse because Harden's shoulder is hurt. Ummm, the guy is always hurt folks

They are lucky Harden stayed healthy this long. I'm more surprised when Harden is healthy than when he is hurt.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
They are lucky Harden stayed healthy this long. I'm more surprised when Harden is healthy than when he is hurt.

Which is 100% why Billy Beane traded him for the package he got him for...for everyone who bashed that package. He got a couple months out of Harden and moved him immediately.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
Which is 100% why Billy Beane traded him for the package he got him for...for everyone who bashed that package. He got a couple months out of Harden and moved him immediately.

I'll still bash that package. They basically got zero impact players for one of the better starters in the league. Most likely none will play in the majors for the A's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
No kidding. One thing that I'm shocked hasn't become a bigger deal is just how much of an asshole Piniella is being to the media. If Ozzie was acting the way that Lou is, you'd have articles all over the place.

Piniella's been like this for 2 years and hasn't been called on it. The guy's a first class grouch and bully, and those media members are completely intimidated. Why doesn't someone ask what a lot of us have wondered: how the hell can you take a guy from the DL and let him throw 120 and 130 pitches just a couple of weeks later? Yost rightly gets criticized for riding Sabathia too hard -- but Lou deserved questions about this a LONG time ago.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 09:49 PM)
Piniella's been like this for 2 years and hasn't been called on it. The guy's a first class grouch and bully, and those media members are completely intimidated. Why doesn't someone ask what a lot of us have wondered: how the hell can you take a guy from the DL and let him throw 120 and 130 pitches just a couple of weeks later? Yost rightly gets criticized for riding Sabathia too hard -- but Lou deserved questions about this a LONG time ago.

there is a big difference between Sabathia/Yost and Zambrano/Pinella IMO. There is a 99% chance that CC is not going to be with the Brewers next year and Z signed an extension with the Cubs.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
It's really sad to watch. SC played Yost's post game interview, and was crying about the pitch count CC was at, and that he can't keep pitching CC at 120 pitches. Hey f***tard, maybe you should have taken him out of a 8 run game when CC had already given up a hit. However, Yost was apparently more interested in trying to get CC a fake No-hitter than making a playoff push.

The Brewers don't give half a damn about Sabathia.

They have no intention of trying to sign him long-term so they're gonna burn him for every pitch he's worth.

The team that signs CC to that next contract will be the ones to pay for the over-use - at least that's the Brewers' hope.

It looks pretty blatant to me.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 08:32 AM)
Eric Patterson has been playing quite a bit.

Gallagher has been starting as well recently. I thought they were going to shelve him for arm issues, but they let him get murdered by the Twins

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
Sometimes the signings KW doesnt make are the better ones. I remember being pretty pissed that the Cubs got Fukudome with a lesser bid than KW threw at him. For now, Fukudome is benched

Didn't someone on this board make a bet on Alexei vs Fukudome? I thought I remembered reading that... looks like a win for Alexei (and the Sox, of course)!

Apparently Wood got mad at Jolbert Cabrera for celebrating too much after a game winning hit. Wood must not pay attention to his teammates when they play at home too much, they celebrate pretty much everything that happens.