2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Z pisses a lot of people off w/ his personality - but my biggest gripe w/ today's athlete is their seeming dispassion regarding the actual in-game happenings. In that sense, Z is absolutely a positive force, i can't deny it. When you hear him explain it in a postgame, he's quiet, semi-embarassed and realizes he was acting insane during the game.

Like a fan, no?

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
Z pisses a lot of people off w/ his personality - but my biggest gripe w/ today's athlete is their seeming dispassion regarding the actual in-game happenings. In that sense, Z is absolutely a positive force, i can't deny it. When you hear him explain it in a postgame, he's quiet, semi-embarassed and realizes he was acting insane during the game.

Like a fan, no?

Agreed 100 percent. That's why I have no problem with him, other than the fact he's on the Cubs.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Lordy how I hate Kasper's voice when he's happy. Surely he's got to be aware of how ridiculous he sounds. I wake up in the morning and I thank God he won't be calling postseason games.

And he seems to have stolen the phrase "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH BABY!" from the And 1 announcers.

the fact that this houston team is even in contention is such a horrendously awful joke

after oswalt their rotation consists of brian moehler, wandy rodriguez, randy wolf, and alberta arias....theres also a bunch of trash in the bullpen...

in addition darin erstad and geoff blum typically bat in the top 5 of that order....awful

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Gameday says he walked Berkman. But even getting no hit by Ted Lilly would be unbelievably pathetic.

You are right, my bad, he does have a walk. Berkman got picked off, so he's faced the minimum, that's what threw me off. Still, what are the odds of 6 innings (maybe more) of no hit ball the day after your teammate threw a no hitter?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
Questionable error call on Ramirez to start the inning. Could have been called either way.

It took them a while to call it, but I thought that was definitely an error. Abercrombie is fast so that makes the call a bit iffy, but if Ramirez doesn't boot it he definitely throws him out IMO.

EDIT: There's a clean single. Now it's over.

Edited by whitesoxfan101