4/13 Gamethread: Sox (6-4) vs. Detroit (2-9); 1:05, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
The Tigers can't possibly be this bad. We have to build up a nice lead on them while they're down. I expect them to make a run at some point.

Today?

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
exactly. everyone had this partial amnesia where they forgot Crede's '06.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong and 2006 is what Crede really is as a hitter. The numbers just disagree with that thought. The numbers don't disagree however with the fact that he is money with the bases loaded/in the clutch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
The Tigers can't possibly be this bad. We have to build up a nice lead on them while they're down. I expect them to make a run at some point.

its gonna be tough for them to make a sustained and consistent run where they win like 12 out of 15 (which right now would only put them 1 over .500) with their pitching staff and that bullpen

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

If Crede stays healthy, Fields better find a new position.

2b lol...

no seriously though, fields needs to be ready...because someone whether its crede, konerko, thome, swisher, quentin...will go on the DL probably at some point, and josh i think (especially if he can play LF which i doubt they will though) is going to get some important ABs

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Hey, I hope I'm wrong and 2006 is what Crede really is as a hitter. The numbers just disagree with that thought. The numbers don't disagree however with the fact that he is money with the bases loaded/in the clutch.

well, yr not wrong, but cant it just be that he blossomed late, figured it out at age 27 (like so many players) and then got hurt at age 28 ?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Even if we keep Crede, the only thing that means is Fields is moving to 1st base and Thome/Konerko are on the block.

If they deal Thome, Konerko is still a better defensive first baseman than fields. but that could change as konerko gets a bit older

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
well, yr not wrong, but cant it just be that he blossomed late, figured it out at age 27 (like so many players) and then got hurt at age 28 ?

It's possible, just guys don't wait that long to develop normally. We'll know a lot more by the end of this year, but Crede is off to a great start and we all know about his defense already.