Frank Thomas Statue

the People's Champ

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should Frank Thomas be presented with a statue at US Cellular Field following his retirement from baseball?

• Yes
    • No

I case you didn't watch it Jerry Reinsdorf sat with an interview with Chuck Garfien (sp?) that aired last night and was posed the question, will Big Frank's number get retired, and should he get a statue inside the Cell. JR said most certainly that Frank's number will be retired, and also that he felt Frank also deserved a statue.

I was just interested in what everyone else's opinions were, I know there are quite a few Big Hurt haters here.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as probably the best sox player in history, i'm amazed that there's a question regarding this. even if you like aparicio or shoeless joe better, he's still top 3 and deserves all the accolades we can give him regardless of the circumstances of his departure.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
Big Frank is the reason i became a Whitesox fan

same here, I will be at the park the day they retire Franks number and unveil his statue, I was there his first game when he came back talk about a perfect game for Sox fans Frank hits 2 homers but the Sox win a thriller

This question should not even have been asked, Has anybody even worn number 35 since Frank left

I think the question was asked in the manner that, Frank left (or was shown the door, depending on how you interpret it) on no so good terms with Sox brass, so it was like does JR and Frank get along enough for it to happen.

Yes, he's the best player in the history of the team and one of the 30 best sluggers of all time. He made watching Sox baseball fun through many of our formative years and was the most feared and respected hitter in the game for a 2-3 year period. Unlike Gary Sheffield (looking at you Joe Morgan) , he was also the best hitter during those years.

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
I think the question was asked in the manner that, Frank left (or was shown the door, depending on how you interpret it) on no so good terms with Sox brass, so it was like does JR and Frank get along enough for it to happen.

Carlton Fisk got a statue look at the way he was shown the door he didnt even go into the hall as a white sock

Is this a joke? Of course he does. The second best player in White Sox history, and the best *clean* slugger of the 90's, as well as the best DH of all time.

Really, he should get a statue the same day his number is retired, which should be sooner, rather than later.

Carlton Fisk got a statue look at the way he was shown the door he didnt even go into the hall as a white sock

That is a good point!

and lets not forget, while all these other guys were juicing, Frank took a firm stance against doing drugs. And that is what I admire about him the most.

If the White Sox and Frank could have parted ways on a better note, this would already be done. Frank is that type of player who should be honored even if he's still playing with a different club.

Frank is also the reason I am a White Sox fan. The man is a Chicago legend, and I'm impressed that he's still playing at such a high level.. Imagine if he were still on the Sox.. the whole team would be different.

Reinsdorf already spoke on this issue, and stated that he will get a statue and his number will be retired as it should be. He was the best Whitesox hitter of our lifetime. This is why 94 upsets me so. That was the time for that group of talent to get to the WS. They were a juggernaut of that year. It would of been them and the Expos of all things most likely in the WS.

Reinsdorf already spoke on this issue, and stated that he will get a statue and his number will be retired as it should be. He was the best Whitesox hitter of our lifetime. This is why 94 upsets me so. That was the time for that group of talent to get to the WS. They were a juggernaut of that year. It would of been them and the Expos of all things most likely in the WS.

I would hardly say we were a juggernaut. We were only 1 game up on Cleveland who had a pretty stacked team, and we were 3 games behind the Yankees. Yeah we were a good team, but I don't think in anyway it would have been a cake walk through the playoffs.