AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
good game, would've liked to see more O' figuring who was throwing against us

who pitches tomorrow, floyd? it'll be nice to see him face a lineup other than detroit

hopefully he can continue his success. it'd be really reassuring to see another good start out of him.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)

who pitches tomorrow, floyd? it'll be nice to see him face a lineup other than detroit

It is Floyd tomorrow. Im looking for a good outing yet again. Baltimore aint got nothing for him.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)

Eh it wont be nice considering he pwns Detroit, but it sure as hell should be interesting as he throws against a team not named the Tigers...good solid win tonight though helluva job JC

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 01:37 AM)
Just a nice solid win. Starter goes 7, hand it over to the big boys in the pen, call it a night. It's so nice to feel comfortable with a lead when the pen comes in.

Gotta love games that are decided before an out is retired.

Great game by Jose. I thought it was pretty crazy to suggest Jose be released/replaced in the rotation a few games back. I don't think he'll have a great season but he's as likely to be a competent #3 starter as anybody else in our system (this includes Danks & Floyd).

A great game by Thome as well, which might be an even bigger positive than Jose's performance.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
It does suck that we only scored in the first inning.

But I really like to see the sox win these low scoring games. It means so much to be able to hold a fairly small lead for 8 innings

I know it doesn't seem like it, but coming in to tonight, the Sox actually had scored the 4th most runs in MLB.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 01:41 AM)
It does suck that we only scored in the first inning.

But I really like to see the sox win these low scoring games. It means so much to be able to hold a fairly small lead for 8 innings

I'm liking the versatility the Sox are showing in winning ballgames. Besides, I luv watching and winning 1 - 0, the '05 World Series proved they're the best types of games to win! :headbang

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
I know it doesn't seem like it, but coming in to tonight, the Sox actually had scored the 4th most runs in MLB.

It's hard to complain with those results but there's some things that can be improved upon. Crede is coming back down to earth a little bit (which is to be expected). Thome, Konerko, and Quentin need to pick it up. I like Quentin getting on base but I'd also like to see him hit a little bit better than he has now (HR yesterday notwithstanding). Thome hopefully gets going after today.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
love

this

team

Absolutely. When I look at this team on paper...it's as good as any in the AL IMO. Obviously pitching is what's going to make or break this team and so far I think the positive attitude has rubbed off on this staff. I don't want to sound like a broken record...and I am very high on this team...but I'd be "more" high if Ozzie would sit Uribe's ass ever now and again. It's ridiculous.....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)

and as of tonight we've allowed the 2nd fewest runs in the AL

hot.