4/19 Gamethread: Sox (10-6) at Rays (7-10); 6:10; WGN

iWiN4PreP

Going to this game as well! Wrestling night here in tampa bay. I guess their having three matches (I think after the game).

Should be a fun game to be at due to Buehrle pitching, but sox coming off a nice win here in tampa..

Fun Fact: I was reading in the newspaper that last year the white sox played the rays 6 times, and 5 of those times they scored 5 runs, the other time.. they scored 6. Seems this year is nothing alike to last year with yesterdays 9 run game!

Go sox.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From last year...

Q: JAYPERS from IL asks:

Did Sonnanstine just barely miss the list? What is his ceiling - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th starter?

A:

Bill Ballew: Sonnanstine had an amazing season in 2006 and received consideration, but he really does not stack up to many of the other outstanding young arms in the organization. He's a guy who will have to continue to prove himself at every level. His stuff is not overpowering, but he knows how to pitch. No two pitches look the same from Sonnanstine, and he has an ultra-competitive streak. Should he reach the big leagues, he'll most likely be a No. 4 or 5 starter.

and two years ago...

Q: Jon from Peoria asks:

Andy Sonnanstine had a pretty good year at two levels. Is he a guy that could be an end of the rotation starter or does he profile best as a reliever?

A:

Bill Ballew: The Rays don't want to put a label on Sonnanstine yet. His fastball runs in the 88-92 mph range and he has learned to control his backdoor slurve. His changeup is an excellent pitch and one of the best in the farm system. Sonnanstine also fields his position well and does all the little things that help a pitcher win games. While his command and feel for pitching are very good, the righthander battles with his arm slot and needs to be more consistent at higher levels. The Rays believe Sonnanstine will pitch his way to the big leagues.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
Yeah, but since this game is at 7 EST, it should still be shown. Does WGN usually get picked up on Extra Innings, for future reference? Is this just one of those flukes?

Yes, games on WGN are usually on my extra innnings package.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
Yeah, but since this game is at 7 EST, it should still be shown. Does WGN usually get picked up on Extra Innings, for future reference? Is this just one of those flukes?

I checked out the Extra Innings schedule for April and May, and there are no WGN broadcasts. I thought they did broadcast, but, at least for now, nothing doing. That really sucks for the Cubs, almost every game is the opposing telecast.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)

No, I've never seen a WGN game on Xtra Innings. I just assume most everyone has WGN (if I have it out in Cali, shouldn't most others have it?).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
No, I've never seen a WGN game on Xtra Innings. I just assume most everyone has WGN (if I have it out in Cali, shouldn't most others have it?).

Upstate NY don't have it. And it bothers me every time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:22 PM)
Swisher, RF

Cabrera, SS

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1b

Crede, 3b

Quentin, LF

Ramirez, CF

Uribe, 2b

Hall, C

What exactly does a Juan Uribe need to do to get a rest. Everyone will get shuffled in and out, besides the crappiest hitter within the starting 9. Kenny needs to make sure that Juan is long gone from this roster next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
Swisher, RF

Cabrera, SS

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1b

Crede, 3b

Quentin, LF

Ramirez, CF

Uribe, 2b

Hall, C

I'd like to see Anderson in CF then Ramirez at 2B. Ozzie really has something against BA. :gosox3: