4/19 Gamethread: Sox (10-6) at Rays (7-10); 6:10; WGN

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that failed run down, it was Uribe's ADD that messed it up. He always swings too soon or takes too many steps...someone has to take the uppers away from him before the game. lay off the columbian coffee Juan!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
No, he did everything right. You want to chase the guy back to the lower bag. Also, with Konerko's speed, we're better off with him not involved.

you go after a guy hard reguardless...make him commit right away...OC f***ed up bad, but PK has to go at him hard

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
I'm not well versed on the science of rundowns, but shouldn't Uribe have thrown that to OC sooner as well?

Yes, but Uribe didnt expect Gomes to turn on the jets like he did it caught him offguard, I think he thought he'd catch him for sure...it all starts with O-Cab throwing the damn thing like a hot potato when he got it from Kong...AWFUL execution and a real killer

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 12:47 AM)
Just saw the replay, the pile of goo at 2nd is responsible for that f***up. Did he think the runner was smuggling snacks and cakes. Had to chase him down.

OC has to run at Gomes and make him commit to going back to first.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
Listening to Hawk and DJ describe that run down pisses me off just as much as it happening........

Them saying Elementary pissed me off in the bottom of the 2nd, but im over it now. They were just redundant saying it over and over. They also didnt show one replay of it until this inning, that was gay

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
Yes, but Uribe didnt expect Gomes to turn on the jets like he did it caught him offguard, I think he thought he'd catch him for sure...it all starts with O-Cab throwing the damn thing like a hot potato when he got it from Kong...AWFUL execution and a real killer

You chase the runner towards the lesser base. They work on this in little league.

You dont run the guy towards the base he is attempting to steal.

On a side note...anyone else see Gomes and how much of an ass he looked like? Dear god crossing home and congratulating Hinske on his knock one wouldve thought they were on their way to their first ever play off appearance....lord act like you've done it before, though they're the rays I guess what can one expect?

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
On a side note...anyone else see Gomes and how much of an ass he looked like? Dear god crossing home and congratulating Hinske on his knock one wouldve thought they were on their way to their first ever play off appearance....lord act like you've done it before, though they're the rays I guess what can one expect?

Gomes is a great guy. Their crowd's into it tonight, so kudos to him.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
You chase the runner towards the lesser base. They work on this in little league.

You dont run the guy towards the base he is attempting to steal.

As is my point, O-Cab threw it as soon as Kong gave it up...he shouldve ran him back poor fundamentals