4/19 Gamethread: Sox (10-6) at Rays (7-10); 6:10; WGN

iWiN4PreP

On a side note...anyone else see Gomes and how much of an ass he looked like? Dear god crossing home and congratulating Hinske on his knock one wouldve thought they were on their way to their first ever play off appearance....lord act like you've done it before, though they're the rays I guess what can one expect?

LOL! the white sox are an awesome road team. one of the best in the league. they just respect the heck out of the veteran laden white sox team. take it as a complement.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
Hawk and DJ should make up their mind (singular). First they say that 3 throws means somebody made a mistake. So even if Juan makes the throw earlier, someone screwed up. Then they say if Juan makes the throw earlier, there would have been no problem.

They should just go back reminicing about Hawk's days of yore instead of trying to babble through s*** like this and tripping over each others tongues.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
As is my point, O-Cab threw it as soon as Kong gave it up...he shouldve ran him back poor fundamentals

Why did the tub of goo at 2nd run him all the way towards 2nd. Was it a race. You throw down, and have the man at 2nd run the runner towards 1st base.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
you don't run him to next base in a rundown, you run him back to his original base. That was both Juan's and Cabrera's fault.

I agree with you. Cabrera kinda threw the whole thing out of order when he fired it a little soon... but Juan should have done pretty much the same thing right back at him at that point (in my opinion). Always run runners back to the base they came from. Also, Im not totally sure that Juan's final throw was intended for OC... he might have just intercepted a pass to Crede (even if it got to Joe Im not sure that we would have gotten the out). Overall just bad defense there. Hopefully the Sox can move on past it and get themselves a hold and couple of runs here.

There are two kids next door playing catch. One reminds me of Scotty Smalls when he first showed up in "The Sandlot".

Take a pic bro and post it on here. offer him a smore at the least.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
Take a pic bro and post it on here. offer him a smore at the least.

No pics. At least he doesn't have a plastic glove and a long bill cap.

When the White Sox don't get homeruns, their offense become stagnant. The good thing is Chicago is one of the best teams in MLB at the long ball. I expect 1 tonight. Nice K by Buehrle. Way to pitch.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
Why did the tub of goo at 2nd run him all the way towards 2nd. Was it a race. You throw down, and have the man at 2nd run the runner towards 1st base.

I'm not a MIF but I play college ball and we work on this literally everyday or did at least in off season, tough break but O-Cab clearly did a poor job