Konerko needs to be benched/traded

YonderLaroche

Yet again this guy is off to a slow start and is killing this team. Everytime Konerko bats with runners on it seems like a double play is about to happen or he's gonna strike out. I believe signing this guy long term was one of kw worst moves, as finding a 1b is pretty easy and its very easy to find one that hits over .170 for the first three months of the season while he gets his head out of his ass. This guy don't help the team with the bat and he never stepped up last year when the team sucked as the "team leader". Thank god kw got swish and cabrera, atleast these guys care about winning and have intensity unlike the minivan driving Konerko.

Thome is also off to a slow start but he normally don't stay in a slump for months like Konerko. Hell, this team could call up Josh Fields and Jerry Owens and I gurantee they would produce more than these two guys. owens, cabrera, swisher, thome/fields, dye, quinton, aj, crede, alexai/ozuna/uribe now thats a good lineup. The top 3 have good speed, and it eliminates the logjam of slow, powerhitters that strikeout too much at 3-4-5-6 (konerko, thome, dye, aj).

That's just my opinion. I think these team has a good chance of staying in the playoff chase this year and there "top hitter, team captain" just plain sucks again this year. The pitching and defense has been great this year, but this teams gotta hit too win. Its inexcusable for half this team hover around .200 again, and if that happens, this team will be a sub .500 team again.

Excellent insight you got there. Killing the team he says, and they are winning at a .600 clip. He can kill them all year if those are going to be the results.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
I second that! Seems this season has a 2005 feel to it in more ways than one.

Is it possible to refrain from comparing this team to 05?The league is different team is different they have nothing to do with each other.

Is it possible to refrain from comparing this team to 05? team is different they have nothing to do with each other.

Actually the teams are very similar in the way, that they are winning and people on this board still want to bash them. The same thing happened in 2005. Get the similarity??

The league is different

The Sox don't play in the American League anymore??? When did this happen.

Seriously if I want to draw comparisons between this team and the 2005 team, or the 1959 team, or whatever. It is my right, It is also your right to not read the posts, or respond to them for that matter.

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
Actually the teams are very similar in the way, that they are winning and people on this board still want to bash them. The same thing happened in 2005. Get the similarity??

Soooooo their similarity is that people are bashing them.Solid point. ;)

this thread is silly. konerko can kill the ball. why would you ever sit him on the bench? what, are you gonna move swisher to 1b, anderson to CF, and move everyone up in the order? anderson's bat > konerko's? hurray for reactionary baseball!

Paulie will come around. I think it's a good thing to sit him when he's struggling like this...sitting and seeing Thome have a monster game...one could only hope it would light a little fire under him. He'll heat up in time. In the meantime it's good when other guys around are picking it up so it's not devistating. Last year everybody was struggling.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
What a warm welcome we give the newcomers. :hawk:

I was thinking who would start a thread like that? All I could think of was

Nuke: I want to bring the heater. Announce my presence with authority.Crash: [indignantly] To announce what?Nuke: My presence with authority.

We sure do b**** a lot for a 11-7 team. You want to cry about someone not pulling their weight, wait till Memorial Day at least so we can properly evaluate how everyone's doing.

That's because the smart White Sox fans are looking for things that can come back to bite us in the end. But so far, so good. You just have to enjoy the ride. 11-7...I'll take that any season after the first 18 games.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
All these guys struggling and yet we are in 1st place...ths baseball season has started well!!

Don't you know that wins and loses aren't important stats. There are many others that are more important. :D

Thank god kw got swish and cabrera, atleast these guys care about winning and have intensity unlike the minivan driving Konerko.

Don't say things you have no clue as to whether they are true or not.

How do you know Konerko doesn't care about winning?

Give me a break.