White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Dotel has been pathetic so far. I really wish the team would call up Broadway/Wasserman and get rid of Massett/MacDougal.

I'm not sure I understand the logic...Dotel has been pathetic so we should send down Massett/MacDougal? I think Mac is starting to pull it together, so I'd like to stick with him a bit longer...

As for Dotel, he seems to have a penchant for giving up the huge home run so far, doesn't he?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
I'm not sure I understand the logic...Dotel has been pathetic so we should send down Massett/MacDougal? I think Mac is starting to pull it together, so I'd like to stick with him a bit longer...

As for Dotel, he seems to have a penchant for giving up the huge home run so far, doesn't he?

the massett/macdougal thing is just something I've been frustrated with lately. Mac's ERA isn't bad, but he has a 1.74 whip and 5 walks in 7 innings (coming into today). He blows.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
1.First game of the season for me. Check.

2.Painful Sox loss. Check.

3.Surrounded by thousands of Yankee fans? Check?

4.Listening to idiot, drunk Sox fans? Check.

Ugh.

You too? Tons of crap going down in the bleachers. It was bittersweet actually. Things I hated was Uribe swinging at first pitch when Chamberlin was pitching. Subbing out Logan for Dotel was pretty idiotic. I told my friends and the people around me, it was stupid because Boone only had 5 or 6 pitches. He got the groundball, but unfortunately, it just bounced the wrong way. Dotel got the first batter out, and everyone's like Ozzie knows what he's doing. Gives up the Grand Slam, people started agreeing it was a terrible move.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 06:59 AM)
2 hits and 2 rbi in a game does suck.

2006 .235BA OBP .235 OPS+ 73

2007 .234BA OBP .284 OPS+ 74

2008 .172BA OBP .232 OPS+ 37

If this belonged to anyone but your dinner party you would be leading the charge on launching him. Those stats are the definition of the suck.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
This game seemed destined for horses***tyness from the 1st inning. Just had that feeling. Plus...failure to drive in runners on 2nd and 3rd in consecutive innings really slowed down the train.

It never helps when you have double digits in runners left on base. That was f***ing sorry. We shoulda knocked out Wang early and won in a laugher.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 05:59 AM)
2 hits and 2 rbi in a game does suck.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day........oh wait, how bout that bases loaded popup.......

Uribe is the ultimate rally killer. I don't give a crap about how good an arm he has. Get rid of his ass.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 06:48 AM)
2006 .235BA OBP .235 OPS+ 73

2007 .234BA OBP .284 OPS+ 74

2008 .172BA OBP .232 OPS+ 37

If this belonged to anyone but your dinner party you would be leading the charge on launching him. Those stats are the definition of the suck.

People b****ing about him like he blew yesterday's game is beyond ridiculous. He had a good game. Getting hits off Joba Chamberlain is not easy. Carlos Quentin whiffed with the bases loaded and 1 out, and not a peep. Uribe ties the game up earlier, and pops up with 2 out, and its bash Uribe time once again.

I wonder who is going to be the whipping boy when Uribe is gone. Will you go back to Greg Walker? Wasn't it his fault according to you when certain players don't hit?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
People b****ing about him like he blew yesterday's game is beyond ridiculous. He had a good game. Getting hits off Joba Chamberlain is not easy. Carlos Quentin whiffed with the bases loaded and 1 out, and not a peep. Uribe ties the game up earlier, and pops up with 2 out, and its bash Uribe time once again.

I wonder who is going to be the whipping boy when Uribe is gone. Will you go back to Greg Walker? Wasn't it his fault according to you when certain players don't hit?

All of your b****ing and moaning about players on this team, yet this dog for some reason is immune. The funny thing is the excuses you make for him. He could go 0-4 with 4 ks and you would be trumping some almost home run on strike 2 in the first AB. If all it takes is a dinner tab to get you on board then Floyd should pick up your tab the next time.

And as for Grego, the team is still hitting like crap. The only saving grace is that we have a few guys outside of your darling Uribe, who can take a walk and get on base for the home runs this year.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)

That's all fine and good, but it doesn't explain Uribe's overall terrible, bottom-of-the-league hitting.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 01:00 AM)
You too? Tons of crap going down in the bleachers. It was bittersweet actually. Things I hated was Uribe swinging at first pitch when Chamberlin was pitching. Subbing out Logan for Dotel was pretty idiotic. I told my friends and the people around me, it was stupid because Boone only had 5 or 6 pitches. He got the groundball, but unfortunately, it just bounced the wrong way. Dotel got the first batter out, and everyone's like Ozzie knows what he's doing. Gives up the Grand Slam, people started agreeing it was a terrible move.

Our section was a little rowdy last night...thought there was going to be a fight, but nothing happened. This Sox fan was yelling at the Yankees for about 5 innings straight. Kept yelling Juice box at Giambi. I was entertained, overall. I thought he ran out of material and could have just shut up, but stupid is as stupid does.

Let's get the next two and forget last night's abortion.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
1.First game of the season for me. Check.

2.Painful Sox loss. Check.

3.Surrounded by thousands of Yankee fans? Check?

4.Listening to idiot, drunk Sox fans? Check.

Ugh.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Way too many Yankee fans there. They are as annoying as Cub fans. Please, go back to New York. As for Uribe, well. Swinging on the first pitch with the bases loaded. I have nothing to say other than we really didn't have any better options on the bench. Anderson? Alexei? Against Joba? OK.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
the massett/macdougal thing is just something I've been frustrated with lately. Mac's ERA isn't bad, but he has a 1.74 whip and 5 walks in 7 innings (coming into today). He blows.

I completely agree and have held that belief for quite a while. Looking strictly at ERA for bullpen pitchers is misleading, as WHIP is a better indication of how ineffective those two have been.

Obviously. Joba vs Uribe was painful to watch. I was surprised he made contact.

Uribe actually got a really good pitch to hit too. That pitch had double written all over it for anyone else. I think Quentin was way over matched and should be the one to blame for not coming up with more in that inning. JD also had a poor game at the plate.