White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

Vazquez (3-1, 3.20 ERA) vs Mussina (1-3, 5.75 ERA)

No A-Rod. Nationally Televised.

Matchups

Dye .377 lifetime vs Mussina (53 AB)

AJ .371 lifetime vs Mussina (35 AB)

Thome 6 HRs off Mussina (48 AB)

Ensberg .385 lifetime vs Vazquez (13 AB)

Gametime Weather

Sunny

63°F

Wind: From ENE 8 mph

:gosox3:

Edited by RME JICO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Career vs Mussina:

Swisher: 2-9, HR, RBI, 4 K, .778 OPS

Cabrera: 3-19, 2B, BB, 3 K, .411 OPS

Thome: 13-48, 2B, 6 HR, 15 RBI, 5 BB, 12 K, 1.007 OPS

Konerko: 10-35, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 4 BB, 5 K, .775 OPS

Dye: 20-53, 4 2B, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 12 K, .955 OPS

Pierzynski: 13-35, 3 2B, HR, 6 RBI, 4 K, .914 OPS

Quentin: 0-3, 2 K

Crede: 5-27, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 2 K, .600 OPS

Uribe: 4-19, HR, 4 RBI, 3 K, .568 OPS

Hall: 9-31, 2B, 3 RBI, 2 BB, K, .656 OPS

Anderson: 2-6, 2 2B, 2 K

Total: 285 AB, .284/.323/.470/.793

Last season vs Mussina:

Swisher: 0-3, K

Cabrera: 0-4, BB, K

Thome: 3-6, 2B, K

Konerko: 4-9, 2B, HR, RBI, 3 K

Dye: 1-6, 2B, K

Pierzynski: 2-8, HR, RBI

Quentin: 0-3, 2 K

Crede: 1-3, RBI

Uribe: 1-5, HR, 3 RBI, K

Stay away from his junk pitches and make him get his fastball up...his fastball is so mediocre nowadays that the Sox should be able to hit it all around the ballpark. If they swing at his junk out of the strike zone, they're probably going to lose.

This would be a good day to hit the ball where it's pitched. Hit it everywhere, don't let Mussina get comfortable throwing to a certain spot, and don't let the defense get comfortable.

Sox should win this game, but I wouldn't bet on anything.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
Any reason why Floyd is getting skipped or pushed back? Its his scheduled day to pitch. Maybe they dont want him to lose confidence vs. New York, so they skip him?

Floyd pitches tomorrow against the Yankees.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
I figure Wang is their ace and Count is our #5 starter, so last night is more tolerable. I think we'll hammer Mussina tonight.

that's how I'm trying to sell it to myself, but yesterday was a bit of a gut punch game, I am really looking forward to see how they look tonight. Hughes and Mussina have been bad this year (although I believe Mussina pitched OK in his last outing). I don't want to hear how they magically "found it" against the Sox. Hawk would use the "You're not (insert # of games Mussina is over .500 here) games over .500 in your career for nothing" as the Sox are flailing away at pitches a foot out of the zone

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
that's how I'm trying to sell it to myself, but yesterday was a bit of a gut punch game, I am really looking forward to see how they look tonight. Hughes and Mussina have been bad this year (although I believe Mussina pitched OK in his last outing). I don't want to hear how they magically "found it" against the Sox. Hawk would use the "You're not (insert # of games Mussina is over .500 here) games over .500 in your career for nothing" as the Sox are flailing away at pitches a foot out of the zone

104 games over

That's pretty damn impressive actually

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)

3 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 1 K vs BOS on the 17th

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
Yeah, I'm not slamming Mussina over his career, he's been a very good pitcher, but those days are behind him, he has struggled this year

He was quite terrible last season as well

I'm pretty frustrated about last night's game. Wang's 2.00 WHIP from last night makes me sick that we didn't win. More reason for me to despise him. Looks like the lineup...assuming ozzie doesn't mess around too much, has a couple of guys who have done very well against Mussina. I can only hope they can make the Yankees look horrible on NATIONAL TV. I have mlb.tv, but I enjoy watching games on my tv. Well anyway, let's score 20 tonight! :headbang