All Things Pro-Obama

Soxy

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
My last name has been read by thousands of people. But it doesn't mean he wants it connected to him.

Exactly. I am just trying to protect the kids privacy. If he wants to post it, that is fine.

Pop. Vote Update:

Minus FL and MI- Obama +452,136

Minus MI- Obama +157,364

All States- Clinton +170,945

In the all states count, Obama would need only 28.76% of the votes in MI to tie Clinton to date. If he got the "uncommitted" votes, he'd be up 95,144.

Another Note: To date, Edwards has roughly 992,946 million votes.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Oregon Exit Polls: Obama Handily Beat Hillary Among Whites, No-College, Less-Than-$50,000 Voters

The Oregon exit polls lend a bit more weight to the theory that Barack Obama's real problem is more with Appalachia than it is with working class whites in general, as the Hillary campaign has repeatedly suggested. Obama beat Hillary by sizable margins of white voters except those 60 and older. he beat Hillary among voters with no college degree.

From Greg Sargent at TPM

Okay, here's some more detail on Hillary's fundraising numbers for April. The $22 million they announced raising for last month doesn't tell the story.

The bottom line: The Hillary campaign is in the red right now.

Here's the rundown. The Hillary campaign confirms to me that when you factor in Hillary's expenditures, right now they have $6.7 million in cash on hand for use in the primary.

Meanwhile, Camp Hillary's current filing shows that they're over $19 million in debt.

So it would appear that the Hillary campaign is over $11 million in the red right now. It's not quite that simple, though.

That's because, as the Hillary campaign points out, she has lent the campaign roughly $11.4 million which she doesn't necessarily have to pay back right now.

So, interpreting these numbers in the most charitable way possible for her, the campaign's debts -- not including her own loans -- are roughly $8 million.

Since that's more than the cash-on-hand she has for the primary, that means that the campaign is at best a couple million in the red.

And again, that's not including the loans to herself. By contrast, the Obama campaign has over $37 million on hand for the primary.

So that's where we are. Not a pretty picture for her. And this is certainly not something that will help make any kind of case to super-dels, to put it mildly.

If Clinton is supposedly just winding things down, ready to concede, she certainly isn't talking like it. After her Kentucky victory speech, she gave another where she compares her fight to get MI and FL counted to such monumental efforts as getting blacks and women the right to vote.

I really think she is still in denial - she thinks she can still win it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 21, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
He takes every policy issue I have with Obama to a new level. The administration would be far, far too left economically.

Obama doesn't really know s*** about economics... and I'm hoping he contrasts himself with someone who does.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 21, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Obama doesn't really know s*** about economics... and I'm hoping he contrasts himself with someone who does.

My question is... do any of the candidates? I'd rather the candidate be honest and admit to a level of ignorance on the topic, but be able to surround themselves with people who do know what they're doing (in that specific area)...

QUOTE (CWSGuy406 @ May 21, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
My question is... do any of the candidates? I'd rather the candidate be honest and admit to a level of ignorance on the topic, but be able to surround themselves with people who do know what they're doing (in that specific area)...

I really don't think so. So debating over who is going to lead us through the recession is pretty much a moot point to me. This is why rarely chime in with anything meaningful on what we should do about taxes. Everyone is sticking to generic, not anything practical.

Over exaggeration of the decade....

Hillary Clinton compared her effort to seat Florida and Michigan delegates to epic American struggles, including those to free the slaves and win the right to vote for blacks and women.[...]

"This work to extend the franchise to all of our citizens is a core mission of the modern Democratic party," she said. "From signing the Voting Rights Act and fighting racial discrimination at the ballot box to lowering the voting age so those old enough to fight and die in war would have the right to choose their commander in chief, to fighting for multi-lingual ballots so you can make your voice heard no matter what language you speak."

Edited by Athomeboy_2000