All Things Pro-Obama

Soxy

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of this by major cable news outlets. I grow skeptical.

Funny note:

Marc Ambinder links to Time's Blog saying Edwards is the endorsement, but Time's Blog links to Marc Ambinder saying there is a big endorsement. Apparently the rest of the news media is out of the loop. lol

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
Probably not. Last time this happened we all thought Richardson would endorse Obama while Obama was in NM and it didnt happen.

Update to story: "How about an Obama-Edwards meeting in, say, Grand Rapids?"

INTERESTING!

I still think it is much ado about nothing.

The update has now been removed. STOP TOYING WITH ME! lol

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 01:19 PM)
i wet myself. ok, seriously, things like this tend to get blown out of proportion. A few weeks back there was a "leaked" story that several predominate Clinton supporters were flipping... it was just 2 regular voters and some minor superdelegate or something like that.

I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
No mention of this by major cable news outlets. I grow skeptical.

Funny note:

Marc Ambinder links to Time's Blog saying Edwards is the endorsement, but Time's Blog links to Marc Ambinder saying there is a big endorsement. Apparently the rest of the news media is out of the loop. lol

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
Update: Radio silence from six senior Obama officials when asked directly by The Page: “Is John Edwards endorsing Barack Obama today?”

Holy Crap!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
Quick Hit:

If Edwards endorsed Obama, could we argue his "popular votes" should be transfered to Obama if nothing more than on a symbolic level?

Dude. Seriously. You are wetting yourself over this (your words)? And is it a subject that really needs a bazillion posts?

Don't get me wrong, I think its definitely something worth monitoring. But please, take it back a few notches.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 14, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Dude. Seriously. You are wetting yourself over this (your words)? And is it a subject that really needs a bazillion posts?

Don't get me wrong, I think its definitely something worth monitoring. But please, take it back a few notches.

It's a REALLY slow day at work. lol

I'm done for a while. Need to return my cellphone. Found the one I lost two weeks ago. lol

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Am I the only one that thinks that an Edwards endorsement right now isn't that big of a deal? Where was he before NC and WV? I mean the race is 99.9% over so who cares.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
Am I the only one that thinks that en Edwards endorsement right now isn't that big of a deal? Where was he before NC and WV? I mean the race is 99.9% over so who cares.

I think that would push it to 100% though...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
I think that would push it to 100% though...

The only WV coverage I saw yesterday was a brief udate on ABC at 7:00 p.m. Basically Russert said the only thing WV could do is stop the flow of super delegates to Hill, if in the next week or two super delegates are still going to Obama, then it is even more over now thanit was before

Am I the only one that thinks that an Edwards endorsement right now isn't that big of a deal? Where was he before NC and WV? I mean the race is 99.9% over so who cares.

I have been saying this about any endorsemnent after Super Tuesday. They all seem to be after the fact CYA type of things.

It's minor, but symbolic more than anything else. Might help Obama in Kentucky. Plus, it gives Obama 18 more delegates.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Plus, it gives Obama 18 more delegates.

Not necessarily. Edwards' delegates can go to whomever they want and some may even remain in the Edwards column.

The endorsement of Edwards could help Obama with all the trouble he's had with white men voters. Edwards had a strong base of white male voters, and a lot of them went to Clinton when he dropped out. I still think Obama gets beat badly in KY, and this doesn't mean a lot when you consider he's going to be the nominee no matter what, but anything that might help Obama with any branch of white voters can't hurt, he needs it and needs to mend some fences with white voters before the November election.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
The endorsement of Edwards could help Obama with all the trouble he's had with white men voters. Edwards had a strong base of white male voters, and a lot of them went to Clinton when he dropped out. I still think Obama gets bet badly in KY, and this doesn't mean a lot when you consider he's going to be the nominee no matter what, but anything that might help Obama with any branch of white voters can't hurt, he needs it.

You mean the Richard Simmons endorsement didn't help with white men?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
so, does edwards head straight to Kentucky to close the gap on Clinton? Or is this just a symbolic speech and he goes back to his regular life?

Not worth the time. They could gain a few, maybe several points in Kentucky with Edwards help I guess, but Clinton is still going to win big and Obama is still going to be the nominee in November. Everything Obama does should look towards November, including using Edwards to help gain the support of more male white voters.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Not worth the time. They could gain a few, maybe several points in Kentucky with Edwards help I guess, but Clinton is still going to win big and Obama is still going to be the nominee in November. Everything Obama does should look towards November, including using Edwards to help gain the support of more male white voters.

Agreed. I just threw out the qustion for debate. I think Edwards now heads to states like Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina (try to flip that state), and Ohio.