All Things Pro-Obama

Soxy

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama may want to pay VERY close attention to this poll..

In a survey conducted in New Mexico by Survey USA, a Obama / Edwards ticket ran strongest against any possible McCain ticket.

In fact Obama / Edwards was the only combo to beat McCain.

vp-nm-fixed2.png

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 19, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)

In a survey conducted in New Mexico by Survey USA, a Obama / Edwards ticket ran strongest against any possible McCain ticket.

That'd be niiiice.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 19, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)

Is that specific to New Mexico or the entire map?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
That s just NM.

Although New Mexico will be important I wouldn't pick a VP based on what they could do for that one state. Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida are more important IMO.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
Although New Mexico will be important I wouldn't pick a VP based on what they could do for that one state. Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida are more important IMO.

I just thought it was interesting. I;d be curious to see similar polls elsewhere.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)

ask... and thou shall recieve....

vp-pa-fixed.png

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 19, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)

vp-nm-fixed2.png

Funny that poll doesn't include the guy I think is most likely to be VP. And he'd pretty much guarantee a New Mexico win.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
Funny that poll doesn't include the guy I think is most likely to be VP. And he'd pretty much guarantee a New Mexico win.

BTW Richardson has really grown on me. The more I read up on him the more I'd like to see him be an integral part of the Obama presidency.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
BTW Richardson has really grown on me. The more I read up on him the more I'd like to see him be an integral part of the Obama presidency.

and the more I see of Webb the less I like. I think he has potential, but he isnt ready for prime time.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
and the more I see of Webb the less I like. I think he has potential, but he isnt ready for prime time.

Agreed. I think it would be foolish to have 2 freshman Senators running on the same ticket. I'd prefer a Governor on the ticket or even Bloomberg.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
Agreed. I think it would be foolish to have 2 freshman Senators running on the same ticket. I'd prefer a Governor on the ticket or even Bloomberg.

exactly. Give Webb a few years around the block and let he run as a Pres. / VP in 2016 with Edwards or Richardson

MSNBC's First Read

McCain media consultant Mark McKinnon has told many in the press, including First Read, that he would no longer work for McCain if Obama becomes the Democratic nominee.

McKinnon, a former Democrat who was an integral member of George W. Bush's two successful presidential bids, has reconfirmed that pledge to the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza. "'I'll be transitioning, shifting position from linebacker to head cheerleader,' said the always-colorful McKinnon. He added that he would continued to be a 'friend and fan' to the campaign."

"'I just don't want to work against an Obama candidacy,' McKinnon told Cox Washington bureau chief Ken Herman [last summer]; electing Obama, he added, 'would send a great message to the country and the world.' McKinnon said at the time he would vote for McCain."

According to MSNBC, Obama has picked up 10 of Edwards' 18 pledged delegates.

TOTAL: Obama 1,916.5 to 1,724.5

They also project Obama will pick up 2 more of Edwards's IA delegates, but it is not official so it is not included in the count.

Edit: Reddy, I am assuming your dad is the mentioned "David *****"?

Update: Based on those numbers, if Obama gets 30% of the delegates in KY, he crosses the 50% barrier. No need for OR to even come in to "officially" declare victory under the current rules.

Edited by southsider2k5
taking the name out

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)

the only issue with that, and let me stress before I say this THIS IS NOT MY OPINION ON THE MATTER!!!!, is he is Jewish and after hearing some of the press reports from WV, I don't know how far an African-American and a person of the Jewish faith can go in certain voters minds.

AGAIN, I DO NOT FEEL THIS WAY. If it is Obama/McCain I have not decided who I would vote for and certainly a persons religion would not weigh on my decision. I just feel there are certain people in this country, and I'm not limiting to one section or another, small minded people are everywhere, who wouldn't vote for that ticket

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
According to MSNBC, Obama has picked up 10 of Edwards' 18 pledged delegates.

TOTAL: Obama 1,916.5 to 1,724.5

They also project Obama will pick up 2 more of Edwards's IA delegates, but it is not official so it is not included in the count.

Edit: Reddy, I am assuming your dad is the mentioned "David *****"?

Update: Based on those numbers, if Obama gets 30% of the delegates in KY, he crosses the 50% barrier. No need for OR to even come in to "officially" declare victory under the current rules.

I don't know that he would want his families name out there....

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 20, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
it's in the news article read by thousands of people.

My last name has been read by thousands of people. But it doesn't mean he wants it connected to him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 20, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
My last name has been read by thousands of people. But it doesn't mean he wants it connected to him.

fair point. I'll respect his privacy. Sorry red.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000