All Things Pro-Obama

Soxy

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
That's really cool to see. I like the old original idea of throwing everyone into the pot, whoever gets the most votes is President, the second most is vice-president.

You do realize that there is a constitutional amendment that changed that and more importantly, WHY, right?

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
You do realize that there is a constitutional amendment that changed that and more importantly, WHY, right?

Of course I know that. I am just saying I thought it's a cool idea. Not that it would WORK, but I like it.

New Projections:

Based on MSNBC's Delegate Count, if we include FL and MI as is (this includes Obama getting NO delegates from MI), Obama would need only 19 of the 55 "uncommitted" MI delegates, if Clinton wins Puerto Rico 60-40 and they split Montana and SD 50-50, to win 50%+1 of the pledged delegates.

If the proposal to count FL as half happens, Obama only needs 7 of the 55, assuming MI doesn't count as half as well. If MI gets counted as half as well, Obama doesnt need any of the MI delegates and only needs to net 12 dlegates from Puerto Rico to clinch 50%+1.

This does not factor in the 11 Edwards delegates in FL, 50+% of who will most likely switch to Obama

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

She just needs to go away now.

In an interview with The Argus Leader editorial board in South Dakota, Hillary Clinton talked about staying in the race:

My hu
s
band did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary
s
omewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby
K
ennedy wa
s
a
s
s
a
s
s
inated in June in California. I don
’
t under
s
tand it.

LINK

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
Bill had the nomination wrapped up by March. it wasnt OFFICIAL until June, but he was the presumptive nominee back in March.

Of all the tight races in the past why bring up an assassination?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
I told you guys....the Secret Service is scared to death about protecting Obama right now. Hillary bringing this up is wrong on so many levels.

Yeah, I didn't hit me when I first read it because I caught it out of the corner of my eye, but saying that is just horrible

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Of all the tight races in the past why bring up an assassination?

yea, really bad. i would NEVER use and assassination or Nazi reference especially about someone or a current situation. Those seem taboo to me. ESPECIALLY, when there is that afore mentioned fear of an assassination attempt on Obama.

When she makes a statement like that, I think it proves that in the back of her head she's thinking "hey, this guy could be assassinated. I should stick this out just in case." Even if that is a minor factor in her still being in the race, it's disgusting.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

This is how you can tell Obama is trying VERY carefully not to make it seem like he is pushing he rout of the race:

His campaign has pretty much said "we dont think it was malicious and she has every right to stay in".

Let the record show, if this had been Obama making those comments about CLinton, she'd be down his throat with it and all over the media showing how he is a horrible man.

Olbermann had a great point: her "apology" wasn't really that. She said she regretted her comment. Kinda sorta apologized to the Kennedys and NEVER mentioned Obama.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Unfortunately, fathom is right about the assassination threats. It's even affected some of his travel plans, if hearsay is accurate. I think Hillary was honest insinuating potential assassination as one reason she's staying around, however that is just evil logic by her (not surprising) and you don't say s*** like that because it only encourages the nut jobs.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 23, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
This is how you can tell Obama is trying VERY carefully not to make it seem like he is pushing he rout of the race:

His campaign has pretty much said "we dont think it was malicious and she has every right to stay in".

Let the record show, if this had been Obama making those comments about CLinton, she'd be down his throat with it and all over the media showing how he is a horrible man.

Olbermann had a great point: her "apology" wasn't really that. She said she regretted her comment. Kinda sorta apologized to the Kennedys and NEVER mentioned Obama.

Olbermann ripped her a new asshole about that. I've never really watched his show, his "special comment" segments make me laugh.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:56 AM)
Unfortunately, fathom is right about the assassination threats. It's even affected some of his travel plans, if hearsay is accurate. I think Hillary was honest insinuating potential assassination as one reason she's staying around, however that is just evil logic by her (not surprising) and you don't say s*** like that because it only encourages the nut jobs.

This is a stretch, I'll be the first to admit...but the first thing I thought about when hearing this comment by her is that it was almost her way of putting this thought into the mind of someone that doesn't want Obama to defeat her for the nomination.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
This is a stretch, I'll be the first to admit...but the first thing I thought about when hearing this comment by her is that it was almost her way of putting this thought into the mind of someone that doesn't want Obama to defeat her for the nomination.

I thought that as well. Is she so arrogant not to think for a second she is probably just as much of a target as he would be. Maybe not as much, but you get what I mean.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:03 AM)
I thought that as well. Is she so arrogant not to think for a second she is probably just as much of a target as he would be. Maybe not as much, but you get what I mean.

The thing is, if something did happen to Obama, I think saying something like this today just made her public enemy #2 besides the assassin.