Indiana / North Carolina primary election thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:56 PM)
Rudy Clay (mayor of Gary) sounds like he's going to stab Wolf Blitzer after being asked the same question like 4 times, lol.

Clay is making a bad explanation of what he is trying to say. What he is TRYING to say is that he wont release the votes for an area until EVERY vote including the absentees are counted.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2008 -> 12:00 AM)
What a dumb segment they just had on CNN...only to end in the reporting numbers to jump from 56 to 98 percent reporting.

lol. it was basically what Clay was saying. "Wait and you will find out in a few minutes."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2008 -> 01:02 AM)
The hammond mayor comes off looking like a real ass to me.

Like he was trying to justify buying a ticket to the Titanic when he was warned of the outcome.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
I sense a "super" swarm to Obama in the next week.

He doesn't need it, it's done now. Might take a while to get her to quit (hell she might wait until the convention), but it's done now. Tonight was her last chance, the contests left just don't have enough delegates to fight for in order for her to make a comeback.

Clinton sounds defeated...

Hillary's Subdued Fundraising Email

Tonight's victory in Indiana was close, and a margin that narrow means just one thing: every single thing you did to help us win in Indiana helped make the difference.

Every call you made, every friend you spoke to about our campaign, every dollar you contributed made tonight's victory possible. And I couldn't be more thankful for your hard work.

Every time we've celebrated a victory, we've celebrated it together. And tonight is no exception. This victory is your victory, this campaign is your campaign, and your support has been the difference between winning and losing.

Thank you so much for making this campaign possible. Let's keep making history together.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Is an OFFICIAL end near?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
The hammond mayor comes off looking like a real ass to me.

Why does it seem like mayors with a conflict of interest have a controlling influence on the tabulation of the vote itself? Is this actually the system?

LOL. I didn't watch the exchange but if the Hammond and Gary mayors were talking to each other about corruption, that is freaking hilarious! Throw in East Chicago and you have the 3 most corrupt cities in Indiana. They probably were both vote fixing, because that crap happens all of the time there.

Anyways, I am shocked at the turnout that Obama got in Indiana. I would have never guessed it would be that close, but I guess it makes sense with all of the money that Obama spent here. He blanketed the state like I have never seen anyone do before.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:21 AM)
LOL. I didn't watch the exchange but if the Hammond and Gary mayors were talking to each other about corruption, that is freaking hilarious! Throw in East Chicago and you have the 3 most corrupt cities in Indiana. They probably were both vote fixing, because that crap happens all of the time there.

In a nutshell this is what was happening. It was mostly the mayor in Hammond though. The mayor of Gary was like "we're trying to count the votes so just hold on" and the Hammond mayor was like "but what's taking so long, it's a computer" even though the Gary mayor had to repeat himself like 5 times. Also the Hammond mayor was trying to make it sound like he respected all of the county authorities and that he wasn't blatantly trying to accuse them of doing something below board. He said several times how Hammond voted for Hillary and he can personally attest to that and he was acting like they were trying to hide it or something. Then the rest of the results came in, the votes swung back Hillary's way, and he looked silly.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:11 AM)
I don't think the email was bad, but I thought her speech was terrible last night, and she looked and sounded defeated.

Yeah, I watched her speech last night and it seemed she wasn't quite sure what to say. From what I could read they really thought they had a shot at winning Indiana easily and having a great showing in NC. It seems that she was rattled a little

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
Yeah, I watched her speech last night and it seemed she wasn't quite sure what to say. From what I could read they really thought they had a shot at winning Indiana easily and having a great showing in NC. It seems that she was rattled a little

Unfortunately, sounding defeating doesn't mean withdrawing today like she should. I honestly can't even look at that woman fake smile any longer.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:56 AM)
Clinton to hold a conference call shortly on "the state of the race"

We'll know what is going to unfold in the next few weeks shorty.

I predict "we're pressing on"

that's what I see too, with a major spin on Indiana being close to Obama's home base and how she won it.

Also, she probably will start severly pressing the Michigan and Florida issue, in any pipe dream scenario she has they have to play into it

Edited by SoxFan562004