Indiana / North Carolina primary election thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, based on current results, I'd expect Obama to pick up another 7500 between IU and PU unless there's a turnout difference. Clinton probably has another 1500 coming between Porter and LaPorte, Obama probably has another 2000 or so coming in around Indy. That means Obama needs to pick up around 35000 in Lake County to win.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
By the way, this looks like there's a good chance the margin will be under 10,000 votes either way. Anyone think the Limbaugh effect can't easily have accounted for those? It's showing up in the exit polling as potentially pushing several times that many crossovers.

Most of the time when i say it, I get shouted down. but this could be a REAL republican effort to keep her alive. Like I said earlier, if you facotr out the republicans, the exit polls show Clinton +2.8 rather than almost 5.

Doesn't Hillary take a huge fund raising hit after tonight? She gets smoked in NC and now, even if Obama doesn't win Ind., Lake County will give him an excellent showing. Any momentum she had after PA seems to be gone

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
Most of the time when i say it, I get shouted down. but this could be a REAL republican effort to keep her alive. Like I said earlier, if you facotr out the republicans, the exit polls show Clinton +2.8 rather than almost 5.

Yah, but what can anybody do about it?

It just sounds like whining.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
are all the outlets still not calling it?

Only CBS.

They all called Missouri for Clinton on Super Tuesday and had exactly the same thing happen when St. Louis came in.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:24 PM)
Looks like almost all the precincts are in other than Lake. it all hinges on Lake.

Monroe and Tippecanoe (IU and PU) are still at less than 50% in. Porter and LaPorte aren't in all the way yet, but the margins there are small. There's a few precincts hanging out around Indy still to come in also that might have a few Obama votes.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
This is getting to a point if Obama doesn't win, I may have trouble sleeping. An hour ago I could of accepted it.

He'd still need a really big margin in Lake. It's not out of the question, just not likely.

Brian, I don't know a ton about the process, but this had to be a giant night for Obama. Hillary is going to have a difficult time to realistically spin this any positive way. She's going to have trouble fund raising again after tonight

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
Brian, I don't know a ton about the process, but this had to be a giant night for Obama. Hillary is going to have a difficult time to realistically spin this any positive way. She's going to have trouble fund raising again after tonight

Hell, I'm not watching on tv, but I imagine Clinton doesn't have any clue when to do her speech, and what to say in it. Obama has won the expectations game.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
What a coincidence. i got thirsty and needed to go get something to drink the moment Hillary stepped on stage ;)

She is so boring to listen to, IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)

Not including FL and MI, She needs over 85% of the remaining pledged delegates after tonight. might be closer to 90.