UNDER AGE DRINKERS BEWARE!

J-MAN

If you haven't reached the legal drinking age - BEWARE - drinking at the Cell will likely land you in a cell.

Last week was the second time I recently saw the Sox security bust people for underage drinking - those guys on bicycles and golf carts are like hawks.

Last year we were tailgating next to a group of nice young people who were playing cornhole and grilling - very polite group not rowdy - appparently one of the young ladies was under age - the guys on the bicycles came buy and picked up her glass - carded her and off she went !

Saw the same thing happen last week to a group of young men behind us.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, me and my friends would tailgate at US Cellular all the time before we were 21 and never had any issues with security at all. They would even come over and talk to us sometimes, ask us if we were having a good time, and then tell us to "be careful" and "drive safe" (in a 'we know you're underage but not going to give you crap about it' kind of way).

Edited by southsidehawkeye

I got caught drinking a beer with my buddy in the lot on Freddy Garcia's first home start for the white sox in 2004. We were both 20 at the time, bike guy carded us, got real mad, ripped up our tickets and made us drive out of the parking lot. Happened to be a half price night, so I just turned right back into the lot and we went and bought 2 more tix.

I remember back when there was both half price Mondays and Tuesdays they started to crack down alot on underage drinking due to of all the fights that were starting to break out. Monday/Tuesday Night Fight Night anyone? It always seemed like on those days they were hard on underage but every other day they weren't so bad. I haven't noticed it to be real bad lately but I also don't pay attention to where the security people are anymore since it's not an issue anymore for myself.

Okay, I have to ask - when security busts underage drinkers for breaking a well known rule, who exactly is the "bad guy" here?

Amen. If people weren't stupid and just waited until legal age to drink we wouldn't have to hear this stupid s***.

Edited by TheBigHurt

I'm glad this issue was brought up because I F**ING HATE THE SOX SECURITY. Everybody is just trying to have a good time in the parking lot and up rides johnny rent a cop to mess with people. I'm over 21 but last season I got a ticket for drinking in public (that ticket went directly in the garbage can). I sometimes go to the game with my cousin who's under 21 but we let him drink and they wrote him a ticket last time.

There's one douche in particular who been "patrolling" the lots for the last several years whom I always get into it with. I like to park in the G lot and apparently it's the only lot where your not allowed to tailgate (for some reason). Everyone tailgates anyway and said douchbag likes to patrol through there writing public intox tickets.

The guards inside the game are cool, it's the a-holes in the parking lot who really grind my gears.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
As I said, I hate this complaining from underage drinkers, because they shouldn't be drinking. But, it's not as if everyone over 21 manages their liquor well, either...

Very true.

It's basically a risk you have to take anywhere you go when you're underage. Accept it and live with it.

QUOTE (SpringfieldFan @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
Okay, I have to ask - when security busts underage drinkers for breaking a well known rule, who exactly is the "bad guy" here?

Amen!

Edit: There is one security guard in the park that I absolutely cannot stand. I'd love to point him out because I'm sure many of you would agree with me on him. He works all over, usually in the bullpen, sometimes along the foul line (left field) and sometimes he is in the dugout. He's an absolute jack ass. When we were grabbing home run balls one day, my friend and I (about 13 years old) had our hands on a ball and it barely slipped off our hands before it fell into the Sox bullpen. He gets the ball and gives it to a kid even though it was pretty much our ball, it hit off of our hands. I actually do believe I dropped it, Kyle picked it up and it bounced into the pen after that. When we asked him what that was all about, he said, "it's all about the kids, go away." I yelled "ass clown" and ran away. But still, there's other cases where we were getting autographs and one day at the Sox/Cubs game, I went to get an autograph from Ozzie---the guy is like, "No, the game is starting," and I ignored him and yelled, "Ozzie, Ozzie!" And Ozzie waved off the security guard, signed my ball and I left, giving the security guard a "f*** you" look. Yes, I can't stand Sox security but not for busting underaged drinking.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
Amen!

Edit: There is one security guard in the park that I absolutely cannot stand. I'd love to point him out because I'm sure many of you would agree with me on him. He works all over, usually in the bullpen, sometimes along the foul line (left field) and sometimes he is in the dugout. He's an absolute jack ass. When we were grabbing home run balls one day, my friend and I (about 13 years old) had our hands on a ball and it barely slipped off our hands before it fell into the Sox bullpen. He gets the ball and gives it to a kid even though it was pretty much our ball, it hit off of our hands. I actually do believe I dropped it, Kyle picked it up and it bounced into the pen after that. When we asked him what that was all about, he said, "it's all about the kids, go away." I yelled "ass clown" and ran away. But still, there's other cases where we were getting autographs and one day at the Sox/Cubs game, I went to get an autograph from Ozzie---the guy is like, "No, the game is starting," and I ignored him and yelled, "Ozzie, Ozzie!" And Ozzie waved off the security guard, signed my ball and I left, giving the security guard a "f*** you" look. Yes, I can't stand Sox security but not for busting underaged drinking.

So its OK when you break the rules, but not the underage drinkers. That's a pretty big bowl of hypocrisy you are serving up there...

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Amen!

You got mad at a security guard for giving a ball to a kid?

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Amen!

If you wanted the ball, you shouldn't have dropped it. After the drop, its fair game to whoever gets it.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
So its OK when you break the rules, but not the underage drinkers. That's a pretty big bowl of hypocrisy you are serving up there...

Are you really comparing calling the manager's name to underage drinking? I'm not even certain their is a rule about it, I imagine it's more etiquette and common sense.

Just a question...but aren't the Sox libel of something happened to an underage person drinking in some way, shape or form since technically it's on their "property". Not sure how that works...but you really can't get mad at guys just doing their jobs and the White Sox orginization merely protecting themselves.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Just a question...but aren't the Sox libel of something happened to an underage person drinking in some way, shape or form since technically it's on their "property". Not sure how that works...but you really can't get mad at guys just doing their jobs and the White Sox orginization merely protecting themselves.

If their liquor license works like a store, restaurant, bar, etc. they could have it suspended or revoked. No big deal. IIRC some team did have it yanked for a game a few years back.

I guess me and my cousin have been lucky compared to some of you. Last summer we were both 20 and tailgaited at 2 games and both times the golf cart guy came and just told us to head into the game. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago with us, except im now 21 and he still has a few weeks to go. I never even heard of them ripping peoples tickets up or taking them away.

Why don't they give a rip at bears games if there's underage drinkers tailgaiting?

Edited by kevo880