4/26 Doubleheader Thread: Sox vs Orioles CSN, WGN

knightni

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
I'm excited for the "Sunday lineup" later today. Anderson and Ramirez getting a full game of AB's instead of pinch hitting will be fresh. I think Toby Hall has more plate appearances this year than most regular players around the league...

Are you suggesting that AJ should play both games today?

From the Blog:

Today's Game 1 Lineup

Swish, RF; OC, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Quentin, LF; Crede, 3B; Ramirez, CF; Uribe, 2B; Hall, C. Danks pitching.

This Morning's News

As I walked into the clubhouse, a serious-faced Ozzie Guillen walked past me toward Mark Buehrle, who was talking to a group of Chicago media.

"I'm going to tell him he's starting," Guillen said. Ever alert, I thought he was joking ... since Ozzie never appears that serious and Mark started last night's abbreviated game.

Turns out I was wrong. Buehrle will start Game 2 tonight at 6:05 pm.

Here's what happened ...

This morning, Buehrle text-messaged Guillen saying he could pitch.

When he arrived at the ballpark, they met and discussed the idea with everyone.

Result: the left-handed ace pitches tonight ...

"I wanted to make sure," Guillen said. "Mark's my ace and will be here a long time. We plan to compete all season long and he's a big part of that competition."

Guillen did admit that Buehrle's soft-throwing nature factored into the decision.

"He probably could start every day."

So Nick Masset was quickly called and told to get to the ballpark ASAP.

"We haven't had too much luck with doubleheaders here," Guillen noted, remembering that last year the Twins swept the Sox by what Guillen estimated was a score of 62-4. "Lots of runs, long games, ugly.

"If you have to play a split doubleheader, at least you have Buehrle pitching in game two."

To The Record Books

So now the research begins for the last Sox pitcher to start consecutvie games on consecutive days ... Wood? Seaver?

Answer later.

anyone else find this hilarious:

So Nick Masset was quickly called and told to get to the ballpark ASAP.

haha, i know it's because he's going to be used as a reliever and may be used, but given mark's success this year, this quote was really funny lol

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
So... I assume the game restarts right? It'll be top of the first again?

I am pretty sure your right, but I'm not 100%. Didn't they change it where it gets suspended, and they pick it up the next day? Or am I thinking of something else?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)
I am pretty sure your right, but I'm not 100%. Didn't they change it where it gets suspended, and they pick it up the next day? Or am I thinking of something else?

I remember hearing that too, but I think it restarts to the top of the last inning played. Or maybe its the last half inning? I'm not sure.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
I remember hearing that too, but I think it restarts to the top of the last inning played. Or maybe its the last half inning? I'm not sure.

If a game gets rained out (or postponed for whatever reason) before it becomes an official game, the game restarts from the beginning.

However, if a game gets delayed after it becomes official, it goes back to the previous inning, and whichever team is winning gets the W. This part I am not so sure about, but I think exceptions to this is if the team that is losing is threatening to come back, or it's tied, the game will continue where it left off.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
If a game gets rained out (or postponed for whatever reason) before it becomes an official game, the game restarts from the beginning.

However, if a game gets delayed after it becomes official, it goes back to the previous inning, and whichever team is winning gets the W. This part I am not so sure about, but I think exceptions to this is if the team that is losing is threatening to come back, or it's tied, the game will continue where it left off.

Im pretty sure the rule is that if an inning starts tied and it gets rained out while the game is still tied...stats count, game gets replayed from the start

if an inning starts tied and the visitor takes the lead and it rains, the game will pick up from where it left off (suspended)

QUOTE (DaGame2584 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
will this game be on Directv Extra Innings? Since it got rained out I figure it would but I cannot find it anywhere.

No its not

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Im pretty sure the rule is that if an inning starts tied and it gets rained out while the game is still tied...stats count, game gets replayed from the start

if an inning starts tied and the visitor takes the lead and it rains, the game will pick up from where it left off (suspended)

Cubs won a game last year due to the rule change.

No one is at the game today.