8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“(Monday) is the type of game that good teams that want to go to the playoffs win.”

Great quote from Paulie in today's AP story on the game. You need to have a 4-3 homestand. 3-4 is not good. One game does not make a season but there is no reason to split with the Orioles.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
Didn't see this posted yet, but Paulie delivered a great quote: “(Monday) is the type of game that good teams that want to go to the playoffs win.”

great, let's say a little too much so we can throw the entire soxtalk boards into a hissy fit for the next two months after we lose tomorrow !

;)

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 04:03 AM)
great, let's say a little too much so we can throw the entire soxtalk boards into a hissy fit for the next two months after we lose tomorrow !

;)

Maybe Konerko knows something we don't know.... like uribe and hall will be on the bench

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
Swish, RF

OC, SS

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

AJ, C

Q, LF

Crede, 3B

BA, CF

Ramirez, 2B

Vazquez, SP

where do you get these projected lineups this early?

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
Swish, RF

OC, SS

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

AJ, C

Q, LF

Crede, 3B

BA, CF

Ramirez, 2B

Vazquez, SP

Two things.

I love no Uribe in the lineup. The above is our best possible sans Dye lineup. I also love that Quentin is deeply entrenched as a starter and Ozzie's pulling no bulls*** with him. Talent is talent, and Quentin is definitely talent.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
Two things.

I love no Uribe in the lineup. The above is our best possible sans Dye lineup. I also love that Quentin is deeply entrenched as a starter and Ozzie's pulling no bulls*** with him. Talent is talent, and Quentin is definitely talent.

Im starting to think that it is finally sinking through to Ozzie that Uribe, for all of his defensive qualities, just isnt the player he could be. When Juan was going tazmanian devil on Brian Burres the other day, and the crowd started getting on him for it, you could see Ozzie notice, He was looking back into the crowd. Add to the fact that Ozzie was fielding all those questions from the reporters regarding Uribe being completely inept, maybe Ozzie changed his mind and is trying to work in Ramirez for more PT until Richar gets back.

Any way about it, I dont think Juan lasts the year as a starter, much less through may.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
Im starting to think that it is finally sinking through to Ozzie that Uribe, for all of his defensive qualities, just isnt the player he could be. When Juan was going tazmanian devil on Brian Burres the other day, and the crowd started getting on him for it, you could see Ozzie notice, He was looking back into the crowd. Add to the fact that Ozzie was fielding all those questions from the reporters regarding Uribe being completely inept, maybe Ozzie changed his mind and is trying to work in Ramirez for more PT until Richar gets back.

Any way about it, I dont think Juan lasts the year as a starter, much less through may.

given his career, I'm not surprised that Ozzie is a more defensive-minded manager than offensive, which is why I think he's inclined to stay with Uribe at 2nd longer than we would like. But at some point even he has to wonder about a guy who seems to be getting worse at the plate, regardless of his defense (and he has been strong at second).

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
given his career, I'm not surprised that Ozzie is a more defensive-minded manager than offensive, which is why I think he's inclined to stay with Uribe at 2nd longer than we would like. But at some point even he has to wonder about a guy who seems to be getting worse at the plate, regardless of his defense (and he has been strong at second).

True. Ozzie was, like Juan, one of the worst hitters the game has ever seen, but was great (for a period anyways) at defense. Maybe he just feels bad for him, and sympathizes, who knows?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
True. Ozzie was, like Juan, one of the worst hitters the game has ever seen, but was great (for a period anyways) at defense. Maybe he just feels bad for him, and sympathizes, who knows?

I wouldnt call a career .264 hitter one of the worst hitters the game has ever seen. He was no dynamo with the stick, but thats a little bit of embellishment.

In comparison Juan makes Ozzie look like A-rod