8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:27 AM)
Yeah, I was hoping the Orioles would trade for Sabathia and put him in there against Big Jim. Cuz, you know, Thome hit two home runs off of him about a month ago, demonstrating to all of us that, actually, he's GREAT against lefties.

I'm sure there's a lot that will disagree with me, and I'm probably wrong....but I don't think Thome is a winning baseball player.

If there are any other umpires out there, how many games have you umped in April that go this exact way?

Anything that can happen, will. You get one out away and have one foot back in your car, and then something f***ing ridiculous and Junior finds a way to extend the game another grueling hour. hahah

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
I'm sure there's a lot that will disagree with me, and I'm probably wrong....but I don't think Thome is a winning baseball player.

I agree with you. We may be wrong. He's a very good player, but he has so many flaws in his approach that at times it is very easy to get him to strike out, which makes it very hard for him to move a runner over or get a sac fly in a clutch situation.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
It's actually Uribe's fault.

I was torn as to whether I should use green or not.

lol well done lostfan...i got a pretty good laugh outa this post