8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
wow way to go jenks BA and ozzie...

no blame for Swisher or Anderson who cant lay an easy bunt down?

is it Ozzie's fault that this team left 12 people on the bases?

its time to hold the players accountable and not just be quick to blame the manager.

This thread has been overcome with retartedness, overreaction, and stupidity.

Let's blame Ozzie for BA's inability to put down a bunt! Yeah!

Let's all overreact and say the sky is falling and we're going to suck the rest of the year! Yeah!

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
no blame for Swisher or Anderson who cant lay an easy bunt down?

is it Ozzie's fault that this team left 12 people on the bases?

its time to hold the players accountable and not just be quick to blame the manager.

i said BA and jenks...i guess i forgot swisher too

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:11 AM)
It's not Anderson's fault. He's just one of many. If our fat closer could retire the miserable Orioles, this game would have been over.

True story again. Your ace reliever is supposed to put the game away in the 9th not give it away

The finger can be pointed at many things if we lose this game.

If you strand 12 runners on base you don't deserve to win.

One thing that always irritates me is that we always struggle bunting with men on base.

It drives me crazy. It's a fundamental part of the game, yet on our team it's a fundamental flaw.

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
Well, I just hope this is the worst loss of the season, and we get it out of our system like a bad s***.

Kind of like that other game we lost in Baltimore...

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)
Jenks s*** the bed, but to have to use your closer in this game is reason enough for a L. This game should have been put away in the 5th. Unreal.

The organization's horrible decisions regarding the middle infield is killing this team right now.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Okay, lets predict Juan's AB. I say he pops out to the third basemen in foul territory on 3 pitches.

hell try to act like he can be patient and take strike 1....then a slider/curve in the dirt he will waive at for strike 2...he will take ball 1 on the same low and away breaking ball and then swing through a high fastball for the K

The Sox have lost a whole heck of a lot of games this season that a good baseball team would have won. Despite all that, they are still shockingly above .500 and that is with a couple key guys in the offense struggling most of the season. Honestly, I don't know if that is a good thing (because these guys have to be better baseball players in the sense of execution) or a bad thing (in the sense that we will just end up seeing more and more of this and continue to blow games).

Bottom line there are at least 4-5 games this year where I can safely say the Sox lost the game, not the opposition wining the game and that is really inexcusable to have happen this early in the season (this quite possibly will be the 2nd against the Orioles and I truly believe we did the same thing in the Wang game against the Yanks where the pen completely failed).

It stinks because this club could very well have the best record in baseball and you can't just give games away (because those games will bite you in the butt).

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)
The finger can be pointed at many things if we lose this game.

If you strand 12 runners on base you don't deserve to win.

One thing that always irritates me is that we always struggle bunting with men on base.

It drives me crazy. It's a fundamental part of the game, yet on our team it's a fundamental flaw.

It's cold out....of course the Sox won't hit well.