4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
Mix it up, put Cabrera or Quentin up there. Walks are good and all, but we acquired Swisher to knock in some runs.

i have to agree - he's starting to suck at the top. I'd like to see what he does with runners on (yeah, like that happens a lot!)

... another depressing offensive effort. I thought the new emphasis was being placed on OBP and going opposite field. I thought the idea that every hit needs to be a solo homer was discovered to be bad last year. Yet here we are again getting dominated by another very average pitcher, waiting patiently for Juan Uribe to come and bail our sorry asses out all over again. I remember watching this season last year, and I did not like it then.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
Mix it up, put Cabrera or Quentin up there. Walks are good and all, but we acquired Swisher to knock in some runs.

id like to see him bat 2 i think...just for a couple games maybe...get him some fastballs to hit to get him right, while still allowing him to get on base in front of the big bats...

floyd walks punto...which isnt easy to do

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)

I may be way off here since I didn't get to see many games last season, and it seemed like whenever I did see a game he wasn't playing... but what about Richar? I know that he was in the 9 hole last year, did he look at all like a lead off hitter?

I know he is probably a month away from being with the club, but I would be willing to stick it out with Swish until then if that is the plan of the organization. If it's not, i agree that they need to try someone else.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Was Hawk saying earlier tonight that Thome was bombing the ball into the right field stands during batting practice? It's so obvious that he's become way too pull happy.

I know he is a hall of famer and all that other bulls***, but why can't he at least try to beat the shift and go oppo. Ted Williams was never above choking up and going the other way. So why the hell can't Thome?

this twins lineup isn't going to destroy you offensively gavin, just throw strikes and let your D work behind you, only hitters you need to be careful of really are Morneau and Young (I'm not listing Mauer here, I don't think he's that dangerous)

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
I know he is a hall of famer and all that other bulls***, but why can't he at least try to beat the shift and go oppo. Ted Williams was never above choking up and going the other way. So why the hell can't Thome?

Ted Williams.......Jim Thome

Ted Williams.......Jim Thome

reflect on that for a sec.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:58 AM)
this twins lineup isn't going to destroy you offensively gavin, just throw strikes and let your D work behind you, only hitters you need to be careful of really are Morneau and Young (I'm not listing Mauer here, I don't think he's that dangerous)

Young's dangerous, but Mauer isn't?