CWS (14-15, L5) @ TOR (15-17, W3), 5/5, 6:07pm CT

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
What a waste of solid pitching. The offense should be embarrassed.

In his last 2 starts, Javy has gone 15.2 IP with 2ER (and two runners on right now) and has a ND and is in line for a L to show for it. Thanks, White Sox offense!

QUOTE (CWSGuy406 @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
I'm not watching the game (only peeking in on Gameday) -- can someone explain "Stewart singles on groundball to Ozuna" for me. Is it yet another defensive gaffe by Pablo?

Yes. He double clutched and threw weakly on an angle. With Stewart running it was too much time.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
why in the world is he throwing javy out there for 120 + pitches?

The same reason he felt to extend floyd to 6 innings after he waited for an hour delay for a rain delay. Same reason he did the same thing to Freddy.

QUOTE (CWSGuy406 @ May 5, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
I'm not watching the game (only peeking in on Gameday) -- can someone explain "Stewart singles on groundball to Ozuna" for me. Is it yet another defensive gaffe by Pablo?

Grounder, Ozuna quadruple-clutched, Stewart beat it out.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
why in the world is he throwing javy out there for 120 + pitches?

It's obvious Guillen was leaving him out for the opportunity to finish the inning. Perhaps it was also because he didn't appear to show fatigue. With a bullpen relatively rested I would went to the bullpen after the first batter reached. We still have a long season and don't need to abuse Vazquez.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 6, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
For the first time ever I believe Greg Walker should resign ASAP.

This season is going down the drain ala the interleague schedule last season.

Good post...I believe Walker said in the past he would resign if he felt he wasn't doing his job.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 02:27 AM)
It's obvious Guillen was leaving him out for the opportunity to finish the inning. Perhaps it was also because he didn't appear to show fatigue. With a bullpen relatively rested I would went to the bullpen after the first batter reached. We still have a long season and don't need to abuse Vazquez.

Jenks should have started the 8th inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
Good post...I believe Walker said in the past he would resign if he felt he wasn't doing his job.

Well he deals a good set of cards during the post game card game, he makes everyone feel good by telling them their suckitude is not their fault, and is a hoot of a jokester.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
He might be a negative 5 star player since his injury.

The veteran love being shown to some players on this team is really sad. KW needs to do something ASAP. The west coast road trip could effectively end this seaosn and I am not being a sky is falling chicken little. Take a peek at the schedule for the next two weeks. This team may lose 10 of its next 13 thus being 3-19...sound familiar?