CWS (14-15, L5) @ TOR (15-17, W3), 5/5, 6:07pm CT

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
Good point... Can CQ bunt, or better yet will it be asked of him in this slot?

The way he's hitting right now...well, put it this way...assume for a moment that Manny Ramirez practices 50 bunts per day and is a great bunter. Under what conditions would you want him bunting?

Quentin has an OPS over 1.000 and is leading the AL in home runs. I think he ought to bunt once every season just to steal a hit when no one is expecting him to. Then again I think Thome should do that every now and again to beat the shift also.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ May 5, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)

Moving CQ up to the number 2 to have him bunt, or slap the ball to the right side to sac himself for a hit and run is baseball stupid. He is the best hitter on the team right now, and is hitting with power and has the best approach at the plate. If they f*** with him, by playing some silly 1950s National League baseball game then the whole lot of them need to collect unemployment. CQ should be up there for seeing more fastballs so he can crush them. He is a gap to gap hitter who has silly oppo power. He should be in the 3 hole over this, but I can see him seeing more fastballs in this spot. Just leave the kid alone, let him crush pitches, and reap the benefits of him seeing more ABs up in the lineup.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
Shakin' up the lineup. Me likey putting Cab at leadoff (he's just starting to look comfortable at the plate), CW 2nd and Swisher in an RBI slot. Very nice.

And against righties, Thome should stay right where he is.

Me likey? Did I meet you in Hue City about 1968?

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ May 5, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)

ocab hasnt been asked to bunt that much so i cant imagine that he would :gosox3:

I was pushing as hard as anyone to have Lucy with the team instead of Hall. But let's have some perspective here - Hall is hitting .263, which is almost 30 points higher than the team's average. His arm is useless and he's not hitting for any power, but he's no automatic out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 5, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
I missed his AB, what did he do?

Weak chopper on the FIRST pitch. He can at least pretend he's a leadoff hitter. I would love to know what he's hitting on the first pitch this year. Sure seems like he makes a lot of weak outs on the first pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Weak chopper on the FIRST pitch. He can at least pretend he's a leadoff hitter. I would love to know what he's hitting on the first pitch this year. Sure seems like he makes a lot of weak outs on the first pitch.

2-16, .125

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=3739

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
Well I've watched the AB's since then, and so far, our hitters are indeed taking an up the middle or oppo approach. Nice to see. Hopefully it results in something good.

Yep, Dye looked much better up there.