CWS (14-15, L5) @ TOR (15-17, W3), 5/5, 6:07pm CT

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 01:15 AM)
Yeah, those 2 games Joe has missed this season have just crushed us.

They've talked all season about resting Crede once every week. Between that and having no righty pop on the bench, the sooner roster moves are made, the better.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
There's our first Cy McGowan mention. It really baffles me how Greg Walker can keep his job.

I thought they were finally putting the blame on the White Sox offense instead of the usual "tip your cap" BS line.

Greg Walker keeps his job because hitting coaches don't matter! It's all on the players!!!!!!!

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ May 5, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
Even so, how many here were expecting anything other than a K from Jim at this point in time.

Not I... Once Quentin got out, I knew we were going to end the inning with no runs. You know it's bad when you can come to expect that.

Edited by dasox24

no matter who we turn into Cy ______ its always one of two excuses.

well they sox just have to tip their cap to the rookie/usually crappy pitcher, he was having a career day today

well the sox just have to tip their cap to this guy, he is an all star after all

maybe we should only face mediocre pitchers and we'd do ok

Edited by Soxguy

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 6, 2008 -> 01:18 AM)
I thought they were finally putting the blame on the White Sox offense instead of the usual "tip your cap" BS line.

Greg Walker keeps his job because hitting coaches don't matter! It's all on the players!!!!!!!

Well, maybe inflatable doll-gate will cause Ozzie to say something really sexist that gets him fired.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
They've talked all season about resting Crede once every week. Between that and having no righty pop on the bench, the sooner roster moves are made, the better.

They've talked about resting several guys, that doesn't mean they've done it. OC hasn't had a break all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Maybe after the road trip is over, we'll see Owens or Wise or Fields called up, and Ramirez/Ozuna sent down.

Finally! Ozuna has no right to be on this roster anymore, he's absolutely terrible at the plate and in the field with the exception of 2B and possibly 3B.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
Honestly, at this point...what harm could it do?

Nothing...a big problem seems to be that everyone in the organization is scared of the veterans. Maybe Ozzie and Walker are too close with guys like Dye/PK/Thome/AJ/Crede, and it's become too difficult to communicate effectively with them. I think we can all agree we'll be livid if nothing happens and the offense just stalls all season, like 2007.

From another site I saw this lineup posted. I would still like to see Thome moved down.

Sox:

Cabrera SS

Quentin LF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Swisher CF

Crede 3B

Uribe 2B

Hall C

I'm almost ready to say I hope the Sox keep the lineup like this for a while.

I'd much rather watch us lose with young guys in the line up. Like in 99.

I hate watching Thome bat and have no confidence in him and Konerko is getting there. We have 8 guys in our line up that are the same type of hitter. For that reason alone, I bring up Owens and Getz.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)

Moves I would make-call up Fields, Owens, Broadway. Send down Russell, Masset, Ozuna.