MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

Wow that Buerhle rage wont get old. That was awesome, sure him going nuts but the reactions. Gavin Floyds reaction was great, it was like players going to go settle him down then they just stop and walk away for the safety of their lives.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So KW and Ozzie had a meeting where KW asked Ozzie: What do you need to win this thing? Ozzie responded with: I think we can win with what we got but we need to play better.

They are maybe an 80 win team, Ozzie need to realize that.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
They are maybe an 80 win team, Ozzie need to realize that.

I don't understand how people can say this. If our hitters hit to their potential/norms, we'd be a 90+ win team easily provided the pitching also continues to be successful. About 2 months ago, people were saying that this team will win or die with Gavin Floyd, John Danks, and Jose Contreras. 2.50, 3.12, and 4.08 are their respective ERA's.

I don't understand how people can say this. If our hitters hit to their potential/norms, we'd be a 90+ win team easily provided the pitching also continues to be successful. About 2 months ago, people were saying that this team will win or die with Gavin Floyd, John Danks, and Jose Contreras. 2.50, 3.12, and 4.08 are their respective ERA's.

90 wins?

We still have no team speed.

We still have question marks in middle relief big time.

Our veterans have not hit for some time now with the exception of Thome and Konerko LATE last

season.

Swisher and Cabrera are not excelling.

I don't mean to be a doomsayer but the middle relief and the offense is quite questionable.

I applaud the starting pitching and Bobby.

We also can't win at home, or haven't yet. Our home record is a BIG concern to any team that wants to win 80 games, much less 90.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2008 -> 01:43 AM)
90 wins?

We still have no team speed.

We still have question marks in middle relief big time.

Our veterans have not hit for some time now with the exception of Thome and Konerko LATE last

season.

Swisher and Cabrera are not excelling.

I don't mean to be a doomsayer but the middle relief and the offense is quite questionable.

I applaud the starting pitching and Bobby.

We also can't win at home, or haven't yet. Our home record is a BIG concern to any team that wants to win 80 games, much less 90.

We won 99 games in 2005 with a struggling offense and with a team carried by fantastic pitching. If I recall, they turned out ok.

Our middle relief has big question marks? Wasserman is a ROOGY. You can't expect him to just come in an dominate for 2 innings. Logan, Dotel, Linebrink and Jenks (for the most part) have been fine. Masset has been best out of the LR/Spot Start role, and Thornton has pitched great of late as well. Our pitching is the last of our worries right now.

If you don't think the 25 guys that make up the Sox right now can win 90 games, then I agree to disagree. Like I said, if we get pitching like this all year and the offense improves, we can win 90 games. I don't think it's a stretch at all.