White Sox Player/Pitcher of the Month: April

Kalapse

Who kicked the most ass in the month of April?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the top performing White Sox position player for the month of April?

• Joe Crede - 103 PA, 7 HR, 22 RBI, 12 R, 4 2B, .258/.320/.527/.847, 2 Grand Slams, walkoff single vs Yankees
    • Jermaine Dye - 93 PA, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 14 R, 7 2B, 1 3B, .286/.337/.464/.801, Close & Late: .389/.450/.556/1.006
    • AJ Pierzynski - 94 PA, 3 HR, 12 RBI, 13 R, 7 2B, .310/.362/.494/.856, 6BB:5K, 1.200+ OPS vs Divisional Opponents
    • [IMG]http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435041.jpg[/IMG]Carlos Quentin - 104 PA, 7 HR, 21 RBI, 21 R, 4 2B, 1 3B, .298/.433/.619/1.052, 14 BB:15K, 1.052 OPS tops in AL
  2. 2. Who was the top performing White Sox pitcher for the month of April?

• John Danks - 5 GS, 2-2, 3.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, 30 IP, 20 K, 7 BB, 21 H, 1 HR
    • Gavin Floyd - 5 GS, 2-1, 3.16 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 31.1 IP, 15 K, 15 BB, 19 H, 4 HR
    • Javier Vazquez - 6 GS, 3-2, 3.72 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 38.2 IP, 37 K, 10 BB, 37 H, 1 HR
    • Bobby Jenks - 10 GF, 2-0, 6/8 in SVO, 2.31 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, 11.2 IP, 11 H, 6 K, 5 BB, 0 HR

Quentin's just been best all-around IMO, now if he could just stop the fluke errors that'd be great.

Pitching I'm going with Javy. Floyd and Danks have been great but aside from one bad start and a shaky but not terrible 2008 debut Javy's been dominant out there, picking up where he left off. Danks needs to go deeper in games and eventually he will. It's a little tough picking against Floyd and his multiple no-hit bids though.

Carlos was a pretty easy choice. But that's a tough one for the pitchers. Danks has been solid. Javy's been dominant and hasn't had great run support. But it's hard to ignore a pitcher taking a not one but two no-hitters into the 8th and 9th inning looking masterful in both. That's why I voted for Gavin.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:42 AM)
I would of had Jenks as a pitcher's choice, but I choose Carlos & Javy.

I left him off since it was late and I was getting sick of typing up numbers, I also didn't expect anyone to vote for him since he wasn't exactly dominant. I'll add him for the sake of equality.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
CQ is obvious for the hitter, I'm going with Gavin for pitching, Danks stats were a little better, I was more impressed with Gavin throughout april though.

Danks only allowing 1 HR and 7 BBs is awesome. Floyd has the upper hand for May.

I voted Carlos and Vaz.

I wish our veterans' bats had the pop of Quentin's right now.

BTW, I thought Hawk and Jackson called a great game on Saturday night. I watched it and was entertained and thought they had some great insight on things.

Don't know why there seems to be a lot of anti-Hawk venom on here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
I voted Carlos and Vaz.

I wish our veterans' bats had the pop of Quentin's right now.

BTW, I thought Hawk and Jackson called a great game on Saturday night. I watched it and was entertained and thought they had some great insight on things.

Don't know why there seems to be a lot of anti-Hawk venom on here.

Listen to a few other home announcers and national broadcasts (not counting Joe Morgan) and then listen to Hawk and DJ again, with the following questions in your mind:

1 - If I were an opposing fan hearing this, what would it sound like?

2 - Do other announcers complain about umpiring this much? Is it normal? Why does it only happen to the Sox?

3 - Are they talking about baseball? If not, has this happened at another time in the game? How many innings?

4 - Is Hawk making any sense at all?

5 - Is the other team really that good, specifically the opposing pitcher with a 5.84 ERA, or is this team just sucking at the moment?

6 - Is Andy Gonzalez (or insert your choice of awful baseball player) really that talented or is Hawk just talking to fill up space?

7 - Darrin Jackson was born in LA, how in the hell does he have a southern accent and when did he acquire it?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 9, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)
I would of had Jenks as a pitcher's choice, but I choose Carlos & Javy.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 9, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
I left him off since it was late and I was getting sick of typing up numbers, I also didn't expect anyone to vote for him since he wasn't exactly dominant. I'll add him for the sake of equality.

Nobody voted for Jenks. Temporary ban for mhizzle?

1 - If I were an opposing fan hearing this, what would it sound like?

2 - Do other announcers complain about umpiring this much? Is it normal? Why does it only happen to the Sox?

3 - Are they talking about baseball? If not, has this happened at another time in the game? How many innings?

4 - Is Hawk making any sense at all?

5 - Is the other team really that good, specifically the opposing pitcher with a 5.84 ERA, or is this team just sucking at the moment?

6 - Is Andy Gonzalez (or insert your choice of awful baseball player) really that talented or is Hawk just talking to fill up space?

7 - Darrin Jackson was born in LA, how in the hell does he have a southern accent and when did he acquire it?

1.) I don't care about opposing fans; they are our announcers.

2.) Yes. the Royals announcers complain about calls A LOT.

3.) I personally like their banter about when they played. I think they are interesting. Kill me, but I do.

4.) Yes, to me he is.

5.) Dunno. His homerism about the other pitcher being Sandy Koufax might bother me once in a while, but not a lot.

6.) Already covered. I think he fills space pretty well.

7.) I'm not a big DJ fan.

I really like Hawk.