Sox (18-17) @ Seattle (14-24) 3:10 PM

G&T

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

G&T, what is your pre-game ritual? Steak and Potatoes? Wearing the same unwashed socks? Opening and shutting the door 3 times after you walk through it while reciting "Uno, Dos, Tres"?

Whatever you are doing, its working ;)

A real bad hitting team with Gavin on the mound could be special, something like we haven't seen this year, oh wait!! He's done s*** like this before. Anyways, love watching Gavin and hopefully we can get the sweep and take some momentum into LA.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (knightni @ May 11, 2008 -> 10:00 AM)
AAAAAA!

He put the "S" word in the subtitle!

We're doomed now!

;)

Crap. Knew I shouldn't have done that!

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 11, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
G&T, what is your pre-game ritual? Steak and Potatoes? Wearing the same unwashed socks? Opening and shutting the door 3 times after you walk through it while reciting "Uno, Dos, Tres"?

Whatever you are doing, its working ;)

I like to beat the s*** out of a heating unit about 3 hours before game time.

I will be able to watch the game today on the Fox Sports-Rocky Mountain. It's the Mariners announcers, but it's still the Sox. You have to take the bad with the good I guess. I am loking forward to seeing Floyd pitch

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ May 11, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Is BA starting today?

According to a quote from Guillen in the Booyah network follow-up of the game, he will...

Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen said Anderson will make his third straight start in center field on Sunday. Anderson has started only nine games this season.

"I don't want to touch the lineup too much," Guillen said. "I want to stay the same way."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280510112

Personally, I like it. The kid has looked great out there. I can't believe that catch he ALMOST made last night. Especially after the one he did make on Friday night.

Hopefully they bring out the sticks again today and kick some Mariner ass...

:gosox3:

QUOTE (chisox72 @ May 11, 2008 -> 10:28 AM)
According to a quote from Guillen in the Booyah network follow-up of the game, he will...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280510112

Personally, I like it. The kid has looked great out there. I can't believe that catch he ALMOST made last night. Especially after the one he did make on Friday night.

Hopefully they bring out the sticks again today and kick some Mariner ass...

:gosox3:

Hopefully BA playing more leads to less at bats for Thome and Dye will be our DH next year. I really hope Ozzie gives BA a chance to start rest of the year.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 11, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
If BA will start again today that probably means Swish at 1B and Kong gets the day off?

I think Dye is sitting, but I don't know where I saw that.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
Dye is hot right now and just had a few days off because of injury. I'd hope he's DHing today. Let Thome sit again.

If I was manager, Thome would be on the bench today

QUOTE (tommy @ May 11, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
FROM GAME DAY:

CABRERA, SS

QUENTIN, LF

THOME, DH

KONERKO, 1B

PIERZYNSKI, C

CREDE 3B

SWISHER RF

ANDERSON CF

URIBE 2B

Wouldn't mind CQ in RF and Swish in LF, but not bad.

BA on his missed catch yesterday:

"Anytime you do something to help the team, that's great. The only down part was missing that ball on the dive. I'm pretty fired up still about that. Somewhere in America someone's probably making that play. It was not me."

It was a sixth-inning play in which Anderson just missed making a spectacular diving catch on an Ichiro Suzuki double.

Vazquez was coasting through five, allowing just one run on two hits. But Miguel Cairo opened the sixth with a single. Ichiro launched his double. Anderson made a long run to right center and leaped, but it bounced off his glove.

"I know it hit a good part of my glove," Anderson said. "In my eyes, that ball's got to be caught. I know it's a tough play, but I expect myself to make the play.

"I feel bad for Javy. If I make that play, it puts him in a better situation.''

Yeah that inning probably has a completely different outcome if that ball lands 2 inches higher in his glove and sticks in the web. But it's kind of hard to fault him when he's running halfway across CF to make that play that isn't even in question for most CFs.