5/13 Gamethread: Sox (18-19) vs Angels (23-17); 9:05; WCIU

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
Swish has such an inaccurate arm. He allows Anderson to take 2nd too.

The guy sucks in the field. He always has. He's not even a good right-fielder, he's an even worse CF. Toss in a .207 average, no speed and the fact we gutted our minor leagues for him and it's not going to be a shock that a lot of people arent on his bandwagon.

He's just a character guy...he grinds, he had shaggy hair, he is a good interview on the Rome show, he donates toys to kids...but can he play elite CF? Hell no.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2008 -> 12:27 AM)
I understand why Oz had Dotel start the inning, but after the chucking he did to get out of the 7th, wouldn't of minded Thornton coming in to start the 8th.

against hunter? no way...if thornton gave up the hit to hunter we would all be torching ozzie right now...hindsight is 20/20, but i still think ozzie made the right call

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:27 AM)
The guy sucks in the field. He always has. He's not even a good right-fielder, he's an even worse CF. Toss in a .207 average, no speed and the fact we gutted our minor leagues for him and it's not going to be a shock that a lot of people arent on his bandwagon.

He's just a character guy...he grinds, he had shaggy hair, he is a good interview on the Rome show, he donates toys to kids...but can he play elite CF? Hell no.

But we have him locked up for 5 years!! I hope KW looked into things surrounding his drop in power last season, etc.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:28 AM)
against hunter? no way...if thornton gave up the hit to hunter we would all be torching ozzie right now...hindsight is 20/20, but i still think ozzie made the right call

Yeah, I have no problem with it. Lost in this probably loss is Dye not catching that ball. I don't think he should have even had to dive for it.

QUOTE (dielac @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:29 AM)
Can't really blame Thornton... Anderson hit that neck high. Dye should have made that catch. GOD is he slow. Looks like he has buckets of cement tied to his ankles.

Come out of the bullpen throwing strikes next time Thornton.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)

Righties batting .103 vs. Thornton

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)

The guys OPS+ the last 2 years were 125 and 127. I'll agree that the trade is questionable after resigning Dye, but I don't think anyone expected CQ to have the start he had. OK, maybe he can't field, but he's more than the grinders they've rolled through here in the last few years (Erstad), he has been a legitimate hitter the last two years