AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

After watching the good guys leaving half the city on base last night, today's outburst was refreshing.

The pitching has been there most of the season, as soon as the bats consistently catch up, look out :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 18, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
Yep, and even better things happen when Quentin is in the 3rd spot. Keep the lineup the way it is Ozzie.... Is Quentin eligible for rookie of the year? I know he played in spurts the past few seasons.

No

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 18, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
There was A LOT of Sox fans. At least 1,000, if not more. I'm not exaggerating. It's great to see so many Sox fans spread out around the country.

White Sox Nation!!!

Edited by BigEdWalsh

The bullpen was about to drive me insane (Wassermann REALLY NEEDS to be sent down), but who knew it would be Masset to the rescue? He's been a lot better this year actually, still not great, but he belongs on the team that's for sure. It was huge he stepped up so Bobby and Linebrink can get what amounts to 2 days of needed rest now.

The one thing we hadn't done well on this trip was hit, so hopefully today gives our offense some momentum heading into the homestand and upcoming games. Also, hopefully Alexei gained some confidence this series, his talent is undeniable. Great roap trip, let's get some distance from Cleveland and stay hot now.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 18, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
How is it that I did not realize that CQ's middle name is, in fact, Jose?

There has to be a relation to Jose Valentin. I mean, the only difference between their last names is two less than common prefixes in Val and Qu, they are both amazing at life, and the only difference between their facial expressions is a mustache.

As a matter of fact...

AADC008~Jose-Valentin-Studio-Portrait-Ph 7485.jpg

brothers, or father and son, or something

Obviously, with the win, this is not a big deal but.... i saw this on Soxmachine's recap

Crede's throw to second pulled Alexei Ramirez off the bag. Ramirez did get his foot back on the bag in time. He also tagged Randy Winn. The umpire didn't see either, and it was 9-7 with still no outs.

What is that about? Did Winn have his foot off the bag shortly after the play? I dont think I caught this.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 19, 2008 -> 01:00 AM)
Obviously, with the win, this is not a big deal but.... i saw this on Soxmachine's recap

Crede's throw to second pulled Alexei Ramirez off the bag. Ramirez did get his foot back on the bag in time. He also tagged Randy Winn. The umpire didn't see either, and it was 9-7 with still no outs.

What is that about? Did Winn have his foot off the bag shortly after the play? I dont think I caught this.

Basically the quote you have is exactly what happened. I think the ump thought Alexei gave up trying to get his foot back on the bag when he went for the tag. Either way, he tagged him out on time AND get his foot on the bag. He was out twice (or in two ways) but the ump called him safe.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 19, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
Basically the quote you have is exactly what happened. I think the ump thought Alexei gave up trying to get his foot back on the bag when he went for the tag. Either way, he tagged him out on time AND get his foot on the bag. He was out twice (or in two ways) but the ump called him safe.

There were some beyond s***ty calls by the umps this entire road trip. Its almost comical.

And I thought Alexei hit that one out when he flied to center, it looked like he crushed it.