joejoesox

Curious how many Sox fans on Soxtalk aren't from the Chicago area  

166 members have voted

1. 1. As a Sox fan, where do you live?

• Chicago Area
    • Illinois (Not Chicago Area)
    • Outside of Illinois

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
Wasn't there something about Clemens's dying mother making some kind of predictions before the world series?

It was kind of cryptic, she predicted a sweep and then muttered something about Group 4.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at under my avatar...

Born in Chicago, lived in Edgewater...moved to Skokie...college in Champaign...back to Lakeview...down to Austin, TX...back to Oak Park.

So...Cubs fans, Cubs fans, mostly Cubs fans, but some Sox and Cards, Cubs fans, mostly Astros fans...not sure yet, lived here a month.

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 19, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
Me too. Haven't been back there for a while, but there are lots of Sox fans in the Tinley/Frankfort/Orland Park area where much of my family currently lives.

In Oregon, hackey sack and meth are a lot more popular than baseball. You'll be hard-pressed to find a decent sports bar in my neck of the woods, much less Sox fans.

except for me, and i grew up in oregon. but you are right, I do love hackey sack and smoking meth

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 19, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Tennessee currently... Rest of my immediate and extended family was all born and/or raised in the Chicago area.

Born and raised in Nashville,been a Sox fan since '93 when the Sounds became their AAA affiliate.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Born in Downers Grove, grew up in Woodridge, currently reside in Tallahassee for school, and my parents moved to Marco Island, FL so I guess that's "home" now.

No kidding. Where'd you go to high school?

QUOTE (The Beast @ May 19, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
No kidding. Where'd you go to high school?

As dumb as it sounds, Lemont High School.

I'm not even exaggerating, but my house was right on the line of school districts. The house across the street belonged in the Downers Grove South and mine was in the Lemont school district.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 19, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
I live in Glendale, AZ...and CAN'T WAIT for the Sox get on with it and relocate spring training here!!!!!!! :headbang

I'm sorry...but Tucson is an armpit IMO.

Like Wanne, I also live in Phoenix, AZ.

I grew up in Palatine. It is a northwest suburb. There are actually a lot of Sox fans. Of the people I know I would say there might even be more Sox fans. Then again I prefer to sorround myself with people who are not totally obnoxious, so that may be the reason for that.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 19, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
I voted and all I can tell you now is I had beter not receive any sales calls at my home. :lolhitting

Pardon me Sir, but I'm from Ocean-View Condos of Montana. I was wondering if you'd like to invest in our time share opportunities.