Where most Sox fans live

joejoesox

Curious how many Sox fans on Soxtalk aren't from the Chicago area  

166 members have voted

1. 1. As a Sox fan, where do you live?

• Chicago Area
    • Illinois (Not Chicago Area)
    • Outside of Illinois

QUOTE (shipps @ May 20, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
BTW,what are they planning on making that Jewel into?

I'm not sure, I never asked the rumor mill section of my family yet... :D Such a sad state of affairs, I once worked at that Jewel (and the Osco that is now CVS), and although it wasn't the greatest store, it was convenient for a quick trip if my house of food was empty. :/ Now I have to drive all the way to Dominick's.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2008 -> 02:35 AM)
Lostfan, your posts about living by the planes are kind of cool.

You say, 'not that bad,' house doesn't shake 'that much.'

You sound like the kind of person who can make the best of any situation.

But reading your posts closely it sounds like a lot of people would go crazy with the

planes. I bet some of your neighbors have freaked out and wanted to get out?

Correct or no?

The most I've heard is from a couple people complaining in the homeowner's association meetigns and asking what it would take to get soundproof windows. My thought on that (I didn't say it out loud) is that it's unreasonable to expect the HA to cover something like that - if it's even possible - and if they did, they'd have to raise the fees by a healthy amount. If it really bothers somebody that bad, they should just move IMO, but I think it's only a few people that really are.

Truth be told, when you're inside, it muffles most of the sound anyway, so it doesn't block out TV, phone and whatnot. Now, when I was a kid, we used to live by train tracks in the south suburbs right near a crossing. THAT was annoying. At least once or twice a day the whistle would start blowing and drown out any other noise in the house.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 19, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Don't need to post your specific location in a post or anything, but I was just curious how many Sox fans here aren't actually IN Chicago. For starters, I'm down here in the Peoria area. Which really sucks, because 95%+ of the baseball fans down here, aren't even really true baseball fans, they just root for the "Cubbies" because it's the cool thing to do. Or they're straggler Cardinal fans. Even our local sports shops rarely carry Sox gear other than Caps (Jersey's are hard to find, it's usually Cubs/Cards garbage)

Jacksonville here-same deal with 95% being Cardinal-Cubs fans, but a majority are Cardinal fans, which makes them allies in my book. Local paper doesnt have any Sox writeup most days, and Tribune just quit delivering papers to vending machines here. BIG improvement last couple of years was a local radio station picking up Sox games, and I got Dish which does have Comcast included. This area always has been heavy on Cardinal/Cub coverage, but I think the Sox dont target the area enough in public relations. :gosoxretro:

Edited by sox84

Originally grew up in the East Side Neighborhood in Chicago, other side of Whiting In,right off the skyway for my 1st 21 years. More Sox fans than Cub fans there, but maybe a 60-40 split. Currently live Mid-Hudson Valley, Upstate NY at the foothills of the Shawangunk Mountains. It's alot prettier than the rust-belt I grew up in, but home is home and the Sox are one of the reasons I would love to move back. I admit I am surprised there are so many of us Sox fans in this area. I have Extra Innings and still watch and follow religously through Extra Innings and Soxtalk. If any of the Upstate NY brethren feel up to it they are always welcome to watch the games at my house. Obviously mostly Yankee fans here, 2nd is probably the Red Sox being near the Western Mass, border, and the way that team/brand is marketed ad nausea. There is also a smattering of Mets fans too.