PLEASE ANSWER THIS DUMB QUESTION, thx

greg775

QUESTIION:

L:et's say in the land of make believe, the Twins also had sucked this year and we somehow won the division playing let's say five games over .500.

My question is ... had the Twins sucked and had we won this division, would our CURRENT team have a chance to win it all because of the way we are playing?

I say, possibly.

We currently are getting great hitting from Maggs. Frank is actually knocking in runs and nearing 30 hrs.

Paul is still looking good. Crede has been clutch.

Rowand has been delightful in cf.

Olivo looks good at c.

Harris and Jimenez have some speed to make other teams take notice.

Pitching wise, Mark B, Garland and Wright have been great of late, racking up wins.

Our set up and closing has been good.

And our defense is still pretty bad on paper, but has not been abysmal.

throw in the fact our young guys might be so young they do not feel the pressure, would we have won it all? Remember how well Saberhagen pitched years ago when he was 21 years old in the postseason for the Royals?

Or would our young talent simple freeze up and we'd have gotten swept in the first playoff series??

I am just wondering.

We are awfully hot now and wondering what would happen if this team right now made the playoffs.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Well, if we can land one more good pitcher and then see if Garland turns into what we think he can, then we should have 3 good-great pitchers for next years playoffs.  Of course I'm really thinking ahead.

You're also assuming that KW is going to do something good for the Sox. Haha

Guest hotsoxchick1

the division would be ours and we would probably peter out in the first round of playoffs... if we got past oakland for a strange twist of fate we would never get past the yanks.. they always seem to pour it on come playoff time.....and as cubkilla said pitching always gets the job done... we dont have any dependable pitching to go to except for mark and his arm would have fallen off by the time we saw the yankees.....sorry to say but a true assessment.....