Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JFields27 @ May 26, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
Green Apple

Strawberry

Cherry

Grape

Banana

probably my top choices for Laffey Taffeys

im not sure if there is a cherry tho

Grape

Green Apple

Watermelon

Strawberry

Banana

QUOTE (spiderman @ May 27, 2008 -> 06:07 AM)
What is Buerhle's recent history vs. Cleveland? I know his last start (last Thursday) was very good, but doesn't he have a, at best, so-so historic performances against them?

He sucks against Cleveland. 8.31 ERA this year, 4.32 ERA last year. 4.79 career. All of which are quite far above his career numbers (total is 3.84)

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 27, 2008 -> 07:12 AM)
He sucks against Cleveland. 8.31 ERA this year, 4.32 ERA last year. 4.79 career. All of which are quite far above his career numbers (total is 3.84)

Yeah, but he just pitched very solid against them on the 22nd (7IP, 2H, 1ER). I would rather use recent results instead of career numbers.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)
need these wins, cause this weekend could get ugly

We can beat The Rays, but it goes without saying that we still needs the wins.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
Looks like Thome is out tonight:

Cabrera SS

Ozuna 3B

Quentin LF

Dye RF

Konerko 1B

Swisher DH

Ramirez 2B

Anderson CF

Hall C

Nothing wrong with that. Probably should be resting him more. Especially with the lefties. Although I'm not sure how much I like the all righty lineup, lefties are only hitting .077 against Laffey on the season, so that's not that bad of a move on paper.

I think Dye and Q ought to get offdays within the next few.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Nothing wrong with that. Probably should be resting him more. Especially with the lefties. Although I'm not sure how much I like the all righty lineup, lefties are only hitting .077 against Laffey on the season, so that's not that bad of a move on paper.

I think Dye and Q ought to get offdays within the next few.

How about next Monday with the rest of the team?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 27, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
How about next Monday with the rest of the team?

I've long been of the opinion that one great way to increase the odds of a player playing a 120 game season is to try to play them a 160 game season and never give them a rest until they actually do get hurt. No matter how hot a guy is, a 162 game schedule is absolutely grueling. For a young guy like Q, ok, maybe you push him for 150+, but he hasn't had an extra day off since he moved in to the starting lineup on day 3 of the season. Even at that pace he's pushing 156 games, and otherwise, that looks like trying to hit 160.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2008 -> 04:47 PM)
Its the all-righty special. Sort of a modified Sunday lineup. Against a very tough lefty, I like it.

ya know what - good point. this guy's been all but untouchable anyway, might as well make it as tough on him as possible.