6/4 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)
You do see it coming right?

Sox trash Greinke last night and will follow it up by getting shutdown by this scrub pitcher. They already have that look.

Hawk is a few hitters away from starting Cy Hochevar talk.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
Keep pulling that sinking fastball Thome...we haven't seen enough weak grounders this season.

Same with Swisher. Wondering if him hitting that dinger last night was the best thing that could have happened? I'd have been just as happy with a rope into the gap.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
Hawk is a few hitters away from starting Cy Hochevar talk.

this is one of those games where we wont be able to manufacture a run and will wait for a home run. Damn sad, but tis is how the year has gone, good thing detriot really sucks. I watched them today and they are terrible.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 12:42 AM)
this is one of those games where we wont be able to manufacture a run and will wait for a home run. Damn sad, but tis is how the year has gone, good thing detriot really sucks. I watched them today and they are terrible.

You want proof Thome is pulling the ball too much. In his first two years with the Sox, he hit into 14 double plays total. This year, he's already at 8.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
You want proof Thome is pulling the ball too much. In his first two years with the Sox, he hit into 14 double plays total. This year, he's already at 8.

Who did he typically have batting in front of him those years? In 06, Pods and Iguchi. In 07, some combination of Pods, Iguchi, Erstad, and Fields.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)

I believe you, no argument from me, he is also two years older. THings break down as you get older, just ask JimH!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 04:47 PM)
Meaning?

Meaning...first, those guys are faster than say, Konerko, who's in front of him now. Second, compared to early in the season where he was hitting behind Cabrera and Swisher, and even when he was dropped a bit behind Q and JD, He's probably seeing more people on base now than in previous years.