Told you!

HuskyCaucasian

didnt take Ozzie long to get Uribe back at second. If he is in there again tomorrow, I am going to throw things at my TV. Ramirez has proven he can handle 2b WAY better that Uribe. He' a better hitter and close defensively. At the plate, he offers more than Uribe.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
didnt take Ozzie long to get Uribe back at second. If he is in there again tomorrow, I am going to throw things at my TV. Ramirez has proven he can handle 2b WAY better that Uribe. He' a better hitter and close defensively. At the plate, he offers more than Uribe.

I agree with your frustration, as I suggested to my buddy tonight, they maybe showcasing him, or Ozzie is just a crazy lunatic.

I credit Uribe for the victory Friday night, but Oz reversed the great move by playing him again Saturday.

He shoulda been on the bench. Maybe the karma would have been there for Alexei.

Watching Uribe bat is not fun.

Were people at the game buzzing about him playing for the second day in a row??

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
I can see how your pissed, but lets not act like Uribe is the starter because he played two games in a row. However, if he's there tomorrow a lot of stuff in my house will be broken.

that was really my point. two games it "getting your work in". 3 days is starter

I'm going to get bashed for this-

Thome blows. He is just God awful, and we should find a way to get rid of him. Trade him for a minor leaguer, or somethin'.

I say this while reading that Bonds' agent (this is where the bashing part begins) can't even get Barry signed for the MINIMUM. I can not believe that, and if that's the truth, dump Thome and get Bonds for only a year. He can do exactly what Thome does except hit for a better average with more HR.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm going to get bashed for this-

Thome blows. He is just God awful, and we should find a way to get rid of him. Trade him for a minor leaguer, or somethin'.

I say this while reading that Bonds' agent (this is where the bashing part begins) can't even get Barry signed for the MINIMUM. I can not believe that, and if that's the truth, dump Thome and get Bonds for only a year. He can do exactly what Thome does except hit for a better average with more HR.

well nobody will take thome's salary, and bonds maybe in jail soon. Furthermore, it seems baseball has made a stand not to bring Bonds back into the fold. i think they want him to quietly go away.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
It's entirely possible that Alexei may be a bit banged up too. Not bad enough to really even be reported but enough so that a couple days off would do him some good.

it is possible, but I am sure he was banged up in cuba and played. I still think Uribe is being showcased. Like anyone would want the bum.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:52 AM)
it is possible, but I am sure he was banged up in cuba and played. I still think Uribe is being showcased. Like anyone would want the bum.

Have you see Hu and Berroa for the Dodgers? With Furcal not coming back for another month, the Dodgers might be interested.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
Have you see Hu and Berroa for the Dodgers? With Furcal not coming back for another month, the Dodgers might be interested.

They are interested...they tried Loaiza for Uribe but KW shot it down because Loaiza is pretty much terrible now a days.

Well, Uribe got a hit on friday and temporarily got his average over .200, why shouldn't he play?

Also, I doubt Ramirez was really banged up if he was healthy enough to pinch run late in the game. If Alexei was in fact injured and was nursing something minor for 2 or 3 days, you could bet Ozuna would have been put in instead.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
Thome may "blow" but Paulie has been worse. It's a fact, jack.

Lets not argue here, the triangle of Thome, Konerko, and Swish have all equally sucked. However, that triangle has slowly been turning into a square with Dye not doing much anymore.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
Lets not argue here, the triangle of Thome, Konerko, and Swish have all equally sucked. However, that triangle has slowly been turning into a square with Dye not doing much anymore.

Haha, Dye has one quiet series where he doesn't do anything and you say "he's not doing much anymore." If you're going to do that you'd be doing just as well (and look just as silly) by throwing Carlos Quentin in there and saying that square is turning into a pentagon.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:00 AM)
Haha, Dye has one quiet series where he doesn't do anything and you say "he's not doing much anymore." If you're going to do that you'd be doing just as well (and look just as silly) by throwing Carlos Quentin in there and saying that square is turning into a pentagon.

It's been longer then just one quiet series, he hasn't hit at all in the month of June. This month he is batting .235 with a .245 OBP and .353 SLG. He's gotten 12 hits in 51 AB's, only 4 extra base hits, and has driven in a whole 4 runs. That's quite a big slump if you ask me, and not just one quiet series.

Hell, for the month of June, Konerko has outproduced Dye.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
. Ramirez has proven he can handle 2b WAY better that Uribe. He' a better hitter and close defensively. At the plate, he offers more than Uribe.

Before I say this let it be known that I love seeing Ramirez at second at the moment. You go with your hot hitters, end of discussion. That said, he's proven s***. Chris Shelton lit MLB pitchers up like a fat doob laced with premium unleaded for longer than Ramirez has hit .290 and he plays baseball in towns with population

I'm tired of seeing our #3 hitter K or fly out on a regular basis, and then throw hissy fits when he's done doing so. Ditto the 4-5-6 going 0-456.

Why the lack of passion over that? The attitude here toward Uribe is exactly the same as it was toward Contreras during 07 and the winter, and don't those people look f***ing foolish...

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 12:19 AM)
It's been longer then just one quiet series, he hasn't hit at all in the month of June. This month he is batting .235 with a .245 OBP and .353 SLG. He's gotten 12 hits in 51 AB's, only 4 extra base hits, and has driven in a whole 4 runs. That's quite a big slump if you ask me, and not just one quiet series.

Hell, for the month of June, Konerko has outproduced Dye.

Oh for Christ's sake, a guy has 12 bad games and suddenly he's chopped liver. Get f***ing real.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 02:24 AM)
Before I say this let it be known that I love seeing Ramirez at second at the moment. You go with your hot hitters, end of discussion. That said, he's proven s***. Chris Shelton lit MLB pitchers up like a fat doob laced with premium unleaded for longer than Ramirez has hit .290 and he plays baseball in towns with population

I'm tired of seeing our #3 hitter K or fly out on a regular basis, and then throw hissy fits when he's done doing so. Ditto the 4-5-6 going 0-456.

Why the lack of passion over that? The attitude here toward Uribe is exactly the same as it was toward Contreras during 07 and the winter, and don't those people look f***ing foolish...

The Contreras comparison makes it sound an awful lot like you're suggesting that Uribe will suddenly turn into something he's not. Ramirez has proven s***, true, and Uribe has. What has Uribe proven? That he sucks, and he can be counted on to barely hit .200 and run into a few big hits here and there.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 02:56 AM)
Oh for Christ's sake, a guy has 12 bad games and suddenly he's chopped liver. Get f***ing real.

^^ this

I mean, Jermaine Dye is batting 5th, where else are you going to put a .807 OPS player? 8th? 9th??

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 02:08 AM)
^^ this

I'd say Jermaine Dye is easily the most underrated player among all groups of Sox fans. I think he's still one of the top 10 offensive right fielders in the game and he's been quite good in his 3+ years as a member of the Sox. A lot of people, including myself having just looked at it now, would be surprised to see that he only had 1 month last season where he was worse than league average - his June, in which he put up an OPS+ of 50 and had splits of .203/.243/.328/.571...it should come as no surprise that he missed quite a few games in June too.

Jermaine can stay.