Where do we import most of our oil from?

joeynach

American Oil Imports  

31 members have voted

1. 1. From which country does the U.S. import most of its oil?

• Saudi Arabia
    • Venezuela
    • Kuwait
    • Iraq
    • Canada
    • Mexico
    • Nigeria
    • Brazil

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 09:57 AM)
We should get a free case of Molson with every barrel of oil from Canada. These cases of Molson will than be sent out to the people of America. Much like the rebate checks.

Molson is actually owned by Coors now.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Molson is actually owned by Coors now.

Technically, no, Molson and Coors merged to form Molson Coors in 2005, but Molson was not bought up by Coors. The Molson family still has 50% ownership of the company's controlling trust.

That's all about to be turned on its ear as well though, with the approval early this month of a joint venture with SABMIller to form MillerCoors to handle all American production and sales and to compete with A-B.

Honestly, you need a scorecard to keep track of all the megabrew megamergers.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Technically, no, Molson and Coors merged to form Molson Coors in 2005, but Molson was not bought up by Coors. The Molson family still has 50% ownership of the company's controlling trust.

That's all about to be turned on its ear as well though, with the approval early this month of a joint venture with SABMIller to form MillerCoors to handle all American production and sales and to compete with A-B.

Honestly, you need a scorecard to keep track of all the megabrew megamergers.

Oh okay. I remember it being sort of controversial up here because Molson's big seller was Molson Canadian. And they used to have these famous Canadian nationalist commercials and I believe their slogan is still "I am Canadian". And here they were merging with Coors, a Republican company at that.

"I Am Canadian"

Well the answer is CANADA. Here is the link to this oil info. Below are the top 6 countries in that we import oil from in order.

1st: Canada

2nd: Saudi Arabia

3rd: Mexico

4th: Nigeria

5th: Venezuela

6th: Iraq

P.S. Canada's oil production comes mainly from oil sands (tar sands) production. Their recent increased value in the Canadian currency is mainly a result of their oil production and exportation.

Edited by joeynach

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
Oh okay. I remember it being sort of controversial up here because Molson's big seller was Molson Canadian. And they used to have these famous Canadian nationalist commercials and I believe their slogan is still "I am Canadian". And here they were merging with Coors, a Republican company at that.

"I Am Canadian"

Those were great ads. And, sadly, they retired that slogan a couple years back for the very lame slogan "It Starts Here". :huh

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
Well the answer is CANADA. Here is the link to this oil info. Below are the top 6 countries in that we import oil from in order.

1st: Canada

2nd: Saudi Arabia

3rd: Mexico

4th: Nigeria

5th: Venezuela

6th: Iraq

P.S. Canada's oil production comes mainly from oil sands (tar sands) production. Their recent increased value in the Canadian currency is mainly a result of their oil production and exportation.

This is why all the talk over renegotiating NAFTA, and the focus on NAFTA's negatives in general was BS.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
2,4,5 and 6 all scare me.

1 and 3 should as well. 1 because of the environmental damage produced by generating the stuff. 3 because its oil production is over the peak and has been rapidly declining for the last couple years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
1 and 3 should as well. 1 because of the environmental damage produced by generating the stuff. 3 because its oil production is over the peak and has been rapidly declining for the last couple years.

Your 100% right about the way canada produces and exports oil. Its environmentally damaging to basically mine the land, remove the oil, put the land back. Though it would be a similar situation if we produced oil from our Oil Shale deposits in Colorado and other western states. I think the whole point here is as a society, economy, and lifestyle Americans are addicted to oil. Idiots like president bush and his proposal for more oil drilling and exploration in environmentally protected areas is so freaking retarded. Not only do we all know it would take 5-10 years at least to see any of the new oil hit the market, but having an oil addicted nation just keep drilling for more oil is like telling an heroin addict to grow poppies in his back yard. The issue here is energy period, not just oil. Oil just happens to be the incumbent source. A smart man would say use the resources and manpower not to explore America for new oil, but to instead forge for new sources of energy. Clean, abundant, affordable energy. This country has led the world in most technological breakthroughs of energy, technology, transportation, etc....why not use our greatest strength to harbor the next breakthrough in clean, renewable, affordable, abundant energy. It might take time, it might take pain, but it just may very well be what preserves this construction in the end.