White Sox Loser

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
Ozzie with some bad managing and our famed bullpen collapses. Ugh... What a god awful way to start the series.

Guys didnt hit, its their fault. 3 runs with what the cubs staff gave us is pathetic. Cubs pull out a lucky win and thats that.

Danks should have never been pulled. He was pitching great and only had 85 pitches thrown. Bad move Ozzie.

Crede should have bunted Swisher over. Bad move Ozzie.

How many times did the hitters choke with a runner on 2nd and less than two outs? Hitters sucked.

Linebrink, tied game, bottom of the nineth, two straight fast balls, second one leaves the yard for a walk off homer. Linebrink doesn't learn.

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Danks should have never been pulled. He was pitching great and only had 85 pitches thrown. Bad move Ozzie.

Crede should have bunted Swisher over. Bad move Ozzie.

How many times did the hitters choke with a runner on 2nd and less than two outs? Hitters sucked.

Linebrink, tied game, bottom of the nineth, two straight fast balls, second one leaves the yard for a walk off homer. Linebrink doesn't learn.

You fault him for giving his SP a chance to win the game by bringing on one of his best relievers? Thats just hindsight working against your intelligence there.

Crede doesnt bunt.

And Line through a sinker down and in, not even the two same pitches.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:23 PM)
they stranded waaaay to many runners... it should have been at LEAST 6-1 going into the 7th... Oh well. Have to get them tommorow. The worst is now dealing with the drunkin Cub fans tonight.....

So be a drunken Sox fan. Drinking out of crushing disappointment is just as easy as drinking out of happiness.

And as a bonus, if you drink when you're pissed, you get belligerent! Which is awesome for when you collide with those Cubs fans...

Out to buy some beer!

Well this is quite the dramatic flashback of last year revisited.

I recall several times when we faced Cubs last season where we held the lead, the bullpen comes in and gives the game away, not to mention the brutal offensive showings.

Thank god Soriano is on the DL, game could have been much worse.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

After this game, I'm entirely done defending Ozzie in every way. I haven't been an Ozzie fan for a long time, but I'd still defend him from time to time. I just can't stand his f***ups anymore. Of course, we have no idea how differently the game would have gone, but anyone who'd speak against the better option of putting Linebrink in the 7th by using the walk off as an argument (which I've seen some people do already) is a moron. Ozzie didn't put us in the best position to win and made several miscues. The game is on Ozzie.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
You fault him for giving his SP a chance to win the game by bringing on one of his best relievers? Thats just hindsight working against your intelligence there.

Crede doesnt bunt.

And Line through a sinker down and in, not even the two same pitches.

watch the replay...it was a fastball low and away...ramirez was clearly leaning out over the plate looking fastball (as the cubs were all game) and he crushed it

Big shout out to Jim Thome for his exceptionally veteran at-bat with a runner on 2nd, 0 outs, in the 9th inning. Only a man of his stature in the league, experience, and talent would have the where-with-all to swing at the first pitch and aim to the left side of the field. Nice job, Jimmy!!!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
We had a s***load of chances to break the game open against the best team in baseball, as the visitor.

Win tomorrow. Then Sunday.

This is not saying much now but I felt before the series started it would be tied 1-1 going into Sunday night.

Really like our chances tomorrow, I see no reason we don't score at least 8 off of Marquis.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
watch the replay...it was a fastball low and away...ramirez was clearly leaning out over the plate looking fastball (as the cubs were all game) and he crushed it

Aramis is one of the best clutch hitters in all of baseball. In that situation, he's about as dangerous as it gets.

I was sitting in my office thinking, if they bring in Linebrink with the game tied, it's over. I figured the Cubs had seen him too many times and he's not a 9th inning guy. Whatever, they lost because the offense stranded runners every inning. That should have been a blowout.

But why didn't Danks stay in the game?

2/3 from them still can deflate them after that Tampa series, but the nature of this victory (come from behind/walkoff) will negate some of that...

Damn, I really wish ANY of our hitters could move runners over. I think Anderson, Swisher, Ramirez, and Quentin had leadoff or 1 out doubles. Pathetic. Dotel may be having a decent season but I get nervous everytime he's put in a big spot with a small lead. He reminds me of another clown from our bullpen's past. I don't really put this on Ozzie as much as I do our "offense".

Really like our chances tomorrow, I see no reason we don't score at least 8 off of Marquis.

I'm usually not pessimistic, but think about what you just said for a minute. Sox lose bulls*** game to the Cubs = good chances? I think not. The mentality alone will be scary.