White Sox Loser

Buehrle>Wood

Guys didnt hit, its their fault. 3 runs with what the cubs staff gave us is pathetic. Cubs pull out a lucky win and thats that.

I also wasted an entire afternoon.

I agree with your first sentence. This should have been a 6-1 lead late. Lilly is laughing right now.

As far as Cubs pull out a lucky win. Uh, here is how the game will be seen by the masses in the coverage of the game ...

The Cubs never gave up and blasted 3 home runs to beat the Sox at their own game.

The Cubs showed heart in not giving up and beating the White Sox after arriving so late after their series in Florida.

The Cubs thrilled the fans with an amazing walkoff.

Ramirez is a hero.

It's gonna be all how great the Cubs are, not how lucky the Cubs are.

It's a bad night to be a Sox fan. Good luck at the bars tonight fellas. Try to avoid getting in fights; not worth spending a night in jail or losing some teeth.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
This is not saying much now but I felt before the series started it would be tied 1-1 going into Sunday night.

Really like our chances tomorrow, I see no reason we don't score at least 8 off of Marquis.

Because it's the White Sox not playing at the Cell.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Aramis is one of the best clutch hitters in all of baseball. In that situation, he's about as dangerous as it gets.

ugh its just unbelievably frustrating to sit and watch the replays of him and lee sitting on everything on the outer half....lees HR and deep fly out were balls on the outer half hit to right and both of ramirezs HRs were outer half of the plate with him diving out to get em....i hope contreras runs that 2 seamer in on them all day tomorrow

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
You fault him for giving his SP a chance to win the game by bringing on one of his best relievers? Thats just hindsight working against your intelligence there.

Crede doesnt bunt.

And Line through a sinker down and in, not even the two same pitches.

I called it when he took Danks out that the bullpen would blow it.

Crede doesn't bunt, Sox don't win. Learn the basics, Baseball 101.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
2/3 from them still can deflate them after that Tampa series, but the nature of this victory (come from behind/walkoff) will negate some of that...

Damn, I really wish ANY of our hitters could move runners over. I think Anderson, Swisher, Ramirez, and Quentin had leadoff or 1 out doubles. Pathetic. Dotel may be having a decent season but I get nervous everytime he's put in a big spot with a small lead. He reminds me of another clown from our bullpen's past. I don't really put this on Ozzie as much as I do our "offense".

because it seems like all of the hits he gives up are bombs instead of singles

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
because it seems like all of the hits he gives up are bombs instead of singles

in my opinion heres the thing with dotel....he has enough deception in his delivery hiding the ball for so long that alot of hitters dont pick him up, and he can mix it up enough to keep hitters guessing...which results in alot of Ks...but hes not throwing anything up there is dominating...his fastball sits low 90s and his slider really doesnt bite a ton...so hitters can tee off when they are able to pick him up

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Horrible day for the Crede and Thome. Did they announce any news on Zambrano during the game?

Sportscenter said he would miss a scheduled start.

So we might see him in the cell next weekend.

I'm not one to blame the manager, but today, I think you could chalk it up to Ozzie and bad managing. Of course the pen and offense didn't help, but too many bad decisions and over-managing.

-First bad move was taking out Danks. Was he pitching too good or something? Who cares if the middle of the order is coming up, believe it or not, Danks has faced them twice earlier in the game. And when a pitcher was going good like Danks, it doesn't really matter if it is the third time through the lineup. I'm sick of seeing Danks pretty much babied by Ozzie. LET THE MAN PITCH FOR f***'S SAKE!

-Next bad move was not bunting Uribe over in the 7th after Uribe got the pinch hit single. It's late in a close ball game against a good team, why are letting everyone swing away! Hell, I would have liked to even see the hit and run attempted. It's just got stupider and stupider. First you take out your starter who was dealing, then you don't even try and move the runners along to make it a more manageable scoring situation? My god. Crede not bunting in the 8th with Swisher at first isn't that bad of a move because Crede has been one of our better hitters this season, but I would have liked to have seen it anyway, especially with the way Crede looked at bat prior to that AB.

-Putting in Dotel was questionable. He has been good for a lot of the season, but he hasn't really shown he can keep leads in close games. Vs. the heart of the order, I'd much rather see Linebrink in there for 2 innings or Thornton. Believe it or not, but Thornton is better vs. righties. However, this one lies more on Dotel than Ozzie. I say putting in Linebrink instead of Jenks is a bit questionable as well as Jenks is our best reliever, but Linebrink has been just as good.

-This final one is probably worst of them all... not bunting Anderson over. It's tied in the 9th inning and you don't try and move the runner along and instead go for 2 run homer? I could see rational in this move if Thome has been good this season, but he's been horrid for the majority of the time. Pablo Ozuna should have been in to either bunt Anderson over or to push the ball over to the right side which would have had the same effect. That way you could then either go for the squeeze with Cabrera up or hope for a single/sac fly.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
Sportscenter said he would miss a scheduled start.

So we might see him in the cell next weekend.

that might be the older news, was that after his MRI today? They announced yesterday he would miss Tuesday and then have an MRI today

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
I called it when he took Danks out that the bullpen would blow it.

Crede doesn't bunt, Sox don't win. Learn the basics, Baseball 101.

Remember when Ozzie started he had everyone bunt when needed? What happened? They would never get the job done. They can't bunt. Crede can't bunt. Don't ask him to.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
you mean like in the 9th inning of a tie game with 0 outs?

No, I mean bases empty v. RISP.

The game was tied in part because of Anderson's failures in the earlier innings.

The guy's hitting .238/.266/.385. Are you going to argue he's a good hitter? If not, then what the heck are you trying to argue?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
No, I mean bases empty v. RISP.

The game was tied in part because of Anderson's failures in the earlier innings.

The guy's hitting .238/.266/.385. Are you going to argue he's a good hitter? If not, then what the heck are you trying to argue?

Anderson had a real crappy AB earlier in the game where instead of driving a ball high on outside to the right-center gap, he tried pulling it and grounded out to short. Man, that pitch was screaming to go to the right center gap to as it was a nothing pitch.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
Anderson had a real crappy AB earlier in the game where instead of driving a ball high on outside to the right-center gap, he tried pulling it and grounded out to short. Man, that pitch was screaming to go to the right center gap to as it was a nothing pitch.

he's just not a smart hitter unlike CQ

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm not one to blame the manager, but today, I think you could chalk it up to Ozzie and bad managing. Of course the pen and offense didn't help, but too many bad decisions and over-managing.

-First bad move was taking out Danks. Was he pitching too good or something? Who cares if the middle of the order is coming up, believe it or not, Danks has faced them twice earlier in the game. And when a pitcher was going good like Danks, it doesn't really matter if it is the third time through the lineup. I'm sick of seeing Danks pretty much babied by Ozzie. LET THE MAN PITCH FOR f***'S SAKE!

-Next bad move was not bunting Uribe over in the 7th after Uribe got the pinch hit single. It's late in a close ball game against a good team, why are letting everyone swing away! Hell, I would have liked to even see the hit and run attempted. It's just got stupider and stupider. First you take out your starter who was dealing, then you don't even try and move the runners along to make it a more manageable scoring situation? My god. Crede not bunting in the 8th with Swisher at first isn't that bad of a move because Crede has been one of our better hitters this season, but I would have liked to have seen it anyway, especially with the way Crede looked at bat prior to that AB.

-Putting in Dotel was questionable. He has been good for a lot of the season, but he hasn't really shown he can keep leads in close games. Vs. the heart of the order, I'd much rather see Linebrink in there for 2 innings or Thornton. Believe it or not, but Thornton is better vs. righties. However, this one lies more on Dotel than Ozzie. I say putting in Linebrink instead of Jenks is a bit questionable as well as Jenks is our best reliever, but Linebrink has been just as good.

-This final one is probably worst of them all... not bunting Anderson over. It's tied in the 9th inning and you don't try and move the runner along and instead go for 2 run homer? I could see rational in this move if Thome has been good this season, but he's been horrid for the majority of the time. Pablo Ozuna should have been in to either bunt Anderson over or to push the ball over to the right side which would have had the same effect. That way you could then either go for the squeeze with Cabrera up or hope for a single/sac fly.

Couldn't agree more.

Heck say we did leave Danks in and he gives up a homer also to Lee worst case scenario we take him out and they still tie up the game. But seriously at 85 pitches, plus hes been mowing them down up to that point Danks should stay in. I really wasn't surprised when Dotel gave up the lead, never liked him and it seems hes good every other start.

What erks me most is your in a national league park playing under their rules and have runners on base 8 times this game and don't bunt even once to move a runner over.

Also, its the bottom of the ninth, tie game and we bring in someone who has never been in this type of atmosphere in Linebrink. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate the move since he has been outstanding for us. Matter of fact I claimed in the gamethread Ramirez would hit a walkoff anyways so I was getting ready to be disapointed. Getting to the point Jenks should be in, its a tense situation perfect for a closer.

Well, tomorrows another day, love our chances vs Marquis and hopefully Contreras is on or it will be a loooooong day.

Since Ozzie foolishly decided not to bunt, here's what really irks me: what in the hell was Thome's plan at the plate? In that situation, you better be trying your hardest to hook the pitch. His swing was so late on that 98 mph inside fastball, he gave himself no chance to advance the runner.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Since Ozzie foolishly decided not to bunt, here's what really irks me: what in the hell was Thome's plan at the plate? In that situation, you better be trying your hardest to hook the pitch. His swing was so late on that 98 mph inside fastball, he gave himself no chance to advance the runner.

Yup. Add to the fact he is on the bench the whole game, steps up and swings away at the first pitch. One time we want him tyo weakly ground out into the shift and he can't even do it.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)

exactly, a big hit is not needed. Just get Anderson to third. then let OC or AJ get him in. Simple baseball strategy right there. If Anderson is not on then you PH Thome. bad move right there.