White Sox Loser

Buehrle>Wood

We completely got out of the mindset to take Lilly's fluffy meatballs the other way today. JD hits a monster dinger...and AJ hits one...now all of a sudden the "smart" at bats disappear and everybody wants to pull the ball. It happens way too much with this team.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
We completely got out of the mindset to take Lilly's fluffy meatballs the other way today. JD hits a monster dinger...and AJ hits one...now all of a sudden the "smart" at bats disappear and everybody wants to pull the ball. It happens way too much with this team.

This was probably the most frustrating thing for me today. Lilly was throwing garbage, and everyone's eyes lit up and tryed pulling the ball a mile but instead the majority of them either popped out or grounded out weakly.

I don't know if the players know this, but a shot the other way feels just as good as a homer to the pullside off the bat.

I really don't have too much of a problem with Ozzie taking Danks out. His spot was up, and lets face it the Sox need to be careful with him (yes I know he only threw 85 pitches). He only threw 140 innings last year so they need to keep him around 170 this year. taking him out early here and there will help down the road.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
You know taking Danks out was a bad move when ESPN sports casters are bashing you.

I care about as much as to what those putz's on ESPN say as Marriotti. What a worthless group of douche nozzles......

I'm not one to blame the manager, but today, I think you could chalk it up to Ozzie and bad managing. Of course the pen and offense didn't help, but too many bad decisions and over-managing.

-First bad move was taking out Danks. Was he pitching too good or something? Who cares if the middle of the order is coming up, believe it or not, Danks has faced them twice earlier in the game. And when a pitcher was going good like Danks, it doesn't really matter if it is the third time through the lineup. I'm sick of seeing Danks pretty much babied by Ozzie. LET THE MAN PITCH FOR f***'S SAKE!

-Next bad move was not bunting Uribe over in the 7th after Uribe got the pinch hit single. It's late in a close ball game against a good team, why are letting everyone swing away! Hell, I would have liked to even see the hit and run attempted. It's just got stupider and stupider. First you take out your starter who was dealing, then you don't even try and move the runners along to make it a more manageable scoring situation? My god. Crede not bunting in the 8th with Swisher at first isn't that bad of a move because Crede has been one of our better hitters this season, but I would have liked to have seen it anyway, especially with the way Crede looked at bat prior to that AB.

-Putting in Dotel was questionable. He has been good for a lot of the season, but he hasn't really shown he can keep leads in close games. Vs. the heart of the order, I'd much rather see Linebrink in there for 2 innings or Thornton. Believe it or not, but Thornton is better vs. righties. However, this one lies more on Dotel than Ozzie. I say putting in Linebrink instead of Jenks is a bit questionable as well as Jenks is our best reliever, but Linebrink has been just as good.

-This final one is probably worst of them all... not bunting Anderson over. It's tied in the 9th inning and you don't try and move the runner along and instead go for 2 run homer? I could see rational in this move if Thome has been good this season, but he's been horrid for the majority of the time. Pablo Ozuna should have been in to either bunt Anderson over or to push the ball over to the right side which would have had the same effect. That way you could then either go for the squeeze with Cabrera up or hope for a single/sac fly.

Total agreement. I also believe that regardless of what he did, initially putting Uribe in in the first place was a bad decision.

Amen, brother. I was laughing at the junk Lilly was throwing.

Ramirez is their Carlos Lee against us. In critical situations, you don't treat him as just another hitter. We know he was looking to get extended on one in that last at bat. You have to at least brush him off to start it. Mark my words he will average at least .500 with five or six extra base hits before the series ends. You just can't let it happen when the game is on the line like that.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 02:23 PM)
they stranded waaaay to many runners... it should have been at LEAST 6-1 going into the 7th... Oh well. Have to get them tommorow.

+1

You're unlikely to beat the Cubs or any other good offensive team when you only score 3 runs. Lots of blame to go around today, and the offense deserves just as much as Dotel and Ozzie.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
+1

You're unlikely to beat the Cubs or any other good offensive team when you only score 3 runs. Lots of blame to go around today, and the offense deserves just as much as Dotel and Ozzie.

I blame it on the Pirates, we used all our nice offensive production on them.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:16 PM)
Iam too pissed to read all the threads.Should the OC foul ball have been called a homer?

I thought on the replay it hit the pole, but nobody else has been saying so as well, so I assume it hit something behind the pole and the angle made it tough to tell.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
I thought on the replay it hit the pole, but nobody else has been saying so as well, so I assume it hit something behind the pole and the angle made it tough to tell.

Two people confirmed too me it definately hit the pole.They were watching the Comcast broadcast.

What I would have done if were Guillen is AT LEAST leave Danks in until a runner reaches. Leading 3-1 in the 7th, with 85 pitches, we could have afforded to have him bat for himself; and if a Cubs player reached at the bottom of the inning signal for the bullpen. He wasn't laboring.

Just win the next two games and this game will be forgotten.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
You fault him for giving his SP a chance to win the game by bringing on one of his best relievers? Thats just hindsight working against your intelligence there.

Crede doesnt bunt.

And Line through a sinker down and in, not even the two same pitches.

I just watched the videos on MLB.com. Every homerun pitch thrown by the whitesox was right down the middle.

You lose because you suck.

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
I just watched the videos on MLB.com. Every homerun pitch thrown by the whitesox was right down the middle.

You lose because you suck.

Yep, Dotel's only effective when he can throw his high fastball at the letters. The homer Lee hit against him was down, and the Aramis homer was a weak slider down.