White Sox Loser

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm not one to blame the manager, but today, I think you could chalk it up to Ozzie and bad managing. Of course the pen and offense didn't help, but too many bad decisions and over-managing.

So what you're actually saying is that you can't chalk it all up to bad managing?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jenksd @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
So what you're actually saying is that you can't chalk it all up to bad managing?

Ha...seriosuly, we just lost the game....you know as hawk would say....its one of those 42 games

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
What erks me most is your in a national league park playing under their rules and have runners on base 8 times this game and don't bunt even once to move a runner over.

Also, its the bottom of the ninth, tie game and we bring in someone who has never been in this type of atmosphere in Linebrink. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate the move since he has been outstanding for us. Matter of fact I claimed in the gamethread Ramirez would hit a walkoff anyways so I was getting ready to be disapointed. Getting to the point Jenks should be in, its a tense situation perfect for a closer.

Yes lets bunt people over when we have the lead the majority of the game. If only AJ had bunted Cabrera over in the third, we would have f***in killed them. Also, you're right the atmosphere made Linebrink, our best reliever, turn into tee-ball for an at bat. Maybe that's why Alexei Ramirez only went 1-4. He's only been in this American atmosphere for a small time! We should have had Jenks in to prolong the game and then put in Javy Vazquez(FORMER NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYER. BREATHES NATIONAL LEAGUE AIR AT HOME) in with the instructions to get this game through to the night. Assuming the Sox continued their pattern of not bunting, I doubt they would score any more runs. THEN, we could put in Linebrink. I hear he's a night-person, he woulda k'd the side after giving us the lead with a homerun in the top of the inning. Atmosphere, bro.

Edited by jenksd

QUOTE (jenksd @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
Yes lets bunt people over when we have the lead the majority of the game. If only AJ had bunted Cabrera over in the third, we would have f***in killed them. Also, you're right the atmosphere made Linebrink, our best reliever, turn into tee-ball for an at bat. Maybe that's why Alexei Ramirez only went 1-4. He's only been in this American atmosphere for a small time! We should have had Jenks in to prolong the game and then put in Javy Vazquez(FORMER NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYER. BREATHES NATIONAL LEAGUE AIR AT HOME) in with the instructions to get this game through to the night. Assuming the Sox continued their pattern of not bunting, I doubt they would score any more runs. THEN, we could put in Linebrink. I hear he's a night-person, he woulda k'd the side after giving us the lead with a homerun in the top of the inning. Atmosphere, bro.

Linebrink isn't a f***ing 9th inning pitcher, thats what I meant by atmosphere....bro, he hardly ever comes into the 9th inning to pitch including his entire career.

Lets see....who did the Cubs bring in during the ninth inning to pitch? Gee....I believe their closer, perfect situation, and I've watched enough baseball in my life and teams typically bring their closer into the game in the 9th to keep the game going into extras or in the Cubs scenario keep the game tied.

Now, were trying to hold them at 3 runs to go into extras, Jenks should be in with the game on the line.

This really shouldn't be argued. But whatever, game is over, we blew the game lets hope tomorrow is different.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Linebrink isn't a f***ing 9th inning pitcher, thats what I meant by atmosphere....bro, he hardly ever comes into the 9th inning to pitch including his entire career.

Lets see....who did the Cubs bring in during the ninth inning to pitch? Gee....I believe their closer, perfect situation, and I've watched enough baseball in my life and teams typically bring their closer into the game in the 9th to keep the game going into extras or in the Cubs scenario keep the game tied.

Now, were trying to hold them at 3 runs to go into extras, Jenks should be in with the game on the line.

This really shouldn't be argued.

Linebrink has been our best pitcher this year, why wouldn't he be in the game? It might not be his job to pitch in the 9th but it's also not Bobby's to be in during a tie ball game. You guys are just finding things to b**** about right now. The bullpen had an off night, it happens, get over it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:30 PM)
Linebrink has been our best pitcher this year, why wouldn't he be in the game? It might not be his job to pitch in the 9th but it's also not Bobby's to be in during a tie ball game. You guys are just finding things to b**** about right now. The bullpen had an off night, it happens, get over it.

Why do you care?

The thread is labeled "White Sox Loser" for crying out loud, you should know before entering its gonna be full of a bunch of people arguing on the reasons why we lost the game.

Because its a Cubs/Sox series and both rivals hate each other from a baseball point of view I am going to be pissed about losing to the scrubs and will bicker.

If it was any other team I could care less if we lost since this is really our only intense rivalry.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
How about that AJ check swing call? I didn't see a replay but it didn't look close.

And BA shouldn't get a free pass for failing to get to third.

That whole half-inning was such a giant clusterf***. Anderson not going to third when the 3b coach was telling him to go. Ozzie putting in Thome when it's maybe the one time I want to see a sac bunt. Thome weakly popping up to the infield on the first pitch. OC...alright, good try. AJ and the check swing. Goddam...

They didn't show a replay on WGN. That usually means it was the right call, but I'd like to get a better look.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:39 PM)
Why do you care?

The thread is labeled "White Sox Loser" for crying out loud, you should know before entering its gonna be full of a bunch of people arguing on the reasons why we lost the game.

Because its a Cubs/Sox series and both rivals hate each other from a baseball point of view I am going to be pissed about losing to the scrubs and will bicker.

If it was any other team I could care less if we lost since this is really our only intense rivalry.

I care cause your argument doesn't make sense. Your saying Linebrink shouldn't pitch in the 9th cause he's not used to it? Then why would a closer pitch in a tie ball game, isn't he supposed to close games?

If Jenks was that much better than Linebrink then I could see your point, but Scott has been our best pitcher this year, it's not like we threw Russel out there.

Then if you want an argument that makes sense, what about sending Dotel in there? I love Ozzie...but I doubt there is another manager in baseball who would sacrifice his cruising pitcher through 85 pitches with a player hitting .200(Don't even bother bringing up that he got a hit, well besides the point).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
Then if you want an argument that makes sense, what about sending Dotel in there? I love Ozzie...but I doubt there is another manager in baseball who would sacrifice his cruising pitcher through 85 pitches with a player hitting .200(Don't even bother bringing up that he got a hit, well besides the point).

I could see why people would want to keep Danks in there but are you really going to argue about throwing Dotel-Liney-Jenks(at least that's what Ozzie had in mind) out there? Those three have been absolutely lights out while Danks has barely pitched into the 7th inning this season. Ozzie had confident in the best bullpen in the league and they had a bad day, that crap is just going to happen at times unfortunately.

For the glass half full. Ginger Zee was at the same rooftop event I was. Not only is she very easy on the eyes, she is also a very nice person.

The game itself was the same story we see all the time. Guy gets into scoring position, offense s***s itself. The minute the offense starts to execute we will be fine. They are too busy looking for the dong. Ozzie needs to do the same thing to Danks that he did for Garland in 04 and 05. Manuel for years would pull Garland at the first sign of trouble. Ozzie let Garland mature by allowing him to pitch through it. He needs to do that with Danks. Let him pitch through it. Pulling him turned the game.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
I could see why people would want to keep Danks in there but are you really going to argue about throwing Dotel-Liney-Jenks(at least that's what Ozzie had in mind) out there? Those three have been absolutely lights out while Danks has barely pitched into the 7th inning this season. Ozzie had confident in the best bullpen in the league and they had a bad day, that crap is just going to happen at times unfortunately.

I made this comment when I saw Dotel warming up. Dotel and Ramirez is a bad matchup. Ramirez is a good fastball hitter, and Dotel is a fastball pitcher.

Danks handcuffed the Cubs and had them shut down. He was at 85 pitches, and could of gave you one more inning. Just a bad pull.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
For the glass half full. Ginger Zee was at the same rooftop event I was. Not only is she very easy on the eyes, she is also a very nice person.

If NBC put all their good looking women on the same newscast, their ratings would go up. Ginger Zee is super hot, the anchor on the weekends is hot, and they have a traffic girl that is easy on the eyes.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:20 PM)
I made this comment when I saw Dotel warming up. Dotel and Ramirez is a bad matchup. Ramirez is a good fastball hitter, and Dotel is a fastball pitcher.

Than kudos to Ramirez to hit that slider out of the park. ;)

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Danks should have never been pulled. He was pitching great and only had 85 pitches thrown. Bad move Ozzie.

Crede should have bunted Swisher over. Bad move Ozzie.

How many times did the hitters choke with a runner on 2nd and less than two outs? Hitters sucked.

Linebrink, tied game, bottom of the nineth, two straight fast balls, second one leaves the yard for a walk off homer. Linebrink doesn't learn.

Dude, seems you haven't watched many Sox games or been to any.

Crede does not bunt, so making him bunt is a bad move. Uribe gets on to lead off for Danks, but the offense fails to capitalize.