To lighten up things around here...

greasywheels121

Speaking of Brenly...anybody catch Greenstein's column the other day grading the broadcast teams?

He said about DJ:

"His partner, Jackson, is underappreciated. He speaks with authority, he's funny and he's never annoying."

I shot him an email that said:

You lost me right there. Listening to DJ is like having a little parrot next to Hawk the whole game...all he does is repeat Hawk.

They should name this duo..."Bird Brains...Hawk and his Parrot".

I got a big "Well Alrighty then..." back.

Speaking of Brenly...anybody catch Greenstein's column the other day grading the broadcast teams?

He said about DJ:

You lost me right there. Listening to DJ is like having a little parrot next to Hawk the whole game...all he does is repeat Hawk.

I used to despise DJ, but I have to admit, I have been cutting him a little slack lately. You are right about the Hawk thing, but you have to admit, Hawk seems to be a my way or the highway sort of guy, and when DJ got there he was just breaking in and still wet behind the ears, he kinda had no choice but to become a Hawk clone if he wanted to keep his job.

I think DJ's getting better though. He speaks with a much firmer voice. Once in a while he'll slip back into the soft spoken voice and it just isn't right for that job.

I still miss Wimpy though :crying

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)

He said about DJ:

Pssh. DJ's great.

Anything, i mean anything is better than chris singleton on the radio. I dont know who he had to go to go to bed with to get that job at espn. He has zero talent, he says the most obvious things and is quiet and completely useless, hes so useless in fact that i am sorry that i brought it up.

I've warmed up to DJ. He's good at what he's there to do and that's be an analyst. I don't think it's fair to criticize his HR calls because he's not a play by play guy, although he's stuck doing play by play when Hawk's in one of his many silent stints during the game.

Edited by BaseballNick

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
I've warmed up to DJ. He's good at what he's there to do and that's be an analyst. I don't think it's fair to criticize his HR calls because he's not a play by play guy, although he's stuck doing play by play when Hawk's in one of his many silent stints during the game.

I kinda think it's planned. I believe Wimpy would take PBP duties a couple of innings too.

Anyway, I liked Brenly on national broadcasts. He's a smart guy. I think he's forcing liking the Cubs...which for a broadcaster...not so good.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
I kinda think it's planned. I believe Wimpy would take PBP duties a couple of innings too.

Anyway, I liked Brenly on national broadcasts. He's a smart guy. I think he's forcing liking the Cubs...which for a broadcaster...not so good.

Jeez, how can anyone stand the cubs on radio or tv.. Althe fill in time is about how much they love the cubs fan.. I wonder sometimes does sucking up to the fans and the players get old.. I loved Wimpy he made the the Hawk sound stupid.. Wimpy truly knew the game.. I miss him.. I believe his brother , John Paciorec, retired from baseball with a 1.000 batting average. After getting a career ending energy in his first mlb game in which he had 3 hits and 2 walks. in 1963 .