US Olympic Basketball Team

If they're not going to use Prince at all, Lewis would have been a perfect 12th man along with Redd, to use in those games where they need to get those outside shots going.

But because he got overshadowed by Hedo this season, that's probably why he didn't get an invite. That and Prince is a much better rebounder and defender.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)
That is, again, going to be the downfall of the team. Can you imagine that roster with the international teams packed inside the lane ready to take a charge(flop) at any moment? Not pretty.

Rip Hamilton would have been a much better choice than Prince.

One of the players who would have been a surprisingly good fit would have been Ben Gordon (although I assume he's playing for the UK squad). Gordon is a guy I rip on, but with the remaining players you could really utilize his outside game to a plus (he should get tons of open looks with the Lebron's/Pauls/Howards/etc on the court and could be key).

Wow, did I really suggest Ben Gordon on the US Olympic team (given my constant ripping of him throughout his career).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
One of the players who would have been a surprisingly good fit would have been Ben Gordon (although I assume he's playing for the UK squad). Gordon is a guy I rip on, but with the remaining players you could really utilize his outside game to a plus (he should get tons of open looks with the Lebron's/Pauls/Howards/etc on the court and could be key).

Wow, did I really suggest Ben Gordon on the US Olympic team (given my constant ripping of him throughout his career).

I thought I read somewhere that Ben Gordon and Luol Deng would be trying to help England qualify.

I could be wrong though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 07:58 AM)
How does Peja get left off?

Same reason Radmanovic and others got left off...age. Apparently Ivkovic only wanted guys that are in their early 20's saying he wanted to build a team that would grow together in the future. Still, you need some veteran leadership in there, and Stojakovic and Radmanovic can give you that. Oh yeah, and they can also play a bit.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 08:43 AM)
Does every Serbian last name end in "ic"?

Pretty much.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 08:43 AM)
Does every Serbian last name end in "ic"?

I was being sarcastic like i think its wrong that everyone makes fun of serbian last names, now those nappy headed hoes on the other hand....

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
I still don't get why there's 3 PGs and only 1 center...

Well they guaranteed a spot to Kidd which was just stupid.

They're going to try an uptempo game I guess, but like I said before, other teams aren't going to let them.

I actually think Rasheed Wallace would have been a good fit also. Big man who can play C and hit the 3, dragging the opposing big man outside of the paint to open up the lane a little.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
I thought I read somewhere that Ben Gordon and Luol Deng would be trying to help England qualify.

I could be wrong though.

That is the case, which is why I said he obviously isn't eligible for the US anymore (since he's going to be doing something for the UK; well I know with 100% certainty Luol said he was and I think Ben did too).

I actually think Rasheed Wallace would have been a good fit also. Big man who can play C and hit the 3, dragging the opposing big man outside of the paint to open up the lane a little.

Agree, he does all the little things to help a team win, and he's a freak of nature athletically and personality wise;-).

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 01:19 PM)
I was being sarcastic like i think its wrong that everyone makes fun of serbian last names, now those nappy headed hoes on the other hand....

And anyway, the correct answer to your question is, If Adriana Lima doesn't care...

(Drooling.)

( :wub: )

(Still drooling.)

...I'm sorry, what were we talking about?