Congrats Alexei!

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
I don't know where they live. Remember Cuban baseball players usually flee to Latin or Central American countries. Does anyone know where home to him is now? Maybe the USA

Maybe he's staying with Ozzie, Contreras, Pablo- any of the Latin players.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
I don't know where they live. Remember Cuban baseball players usually flee to Latin or Central American countries. Does anyone know where home to him is now? Maybe the USA

I could've sworn he lived in the Dominican Republic.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
Way to pass a newborn through your vagina. You can put it on the board, yes.

Hawk - "I'll tell ya what Fiesty, Alexei's wife has to be the best birth giver on this team. Of course, this team has no woman on it, so she must be the best."

D.J. - "Right on, Hawk, Right on."

Edited by chw42

Now his boy is american and he can stay in the USA. I am telling you guys we need to change the constitution so these foreigners do not take advantage of the system. Ha, ha, ha.

The USA is the best country in the world. Appreciate what you have guys.

Alexei can stay in the USA because he is cuban. Cubans can apply for the green card after one year and one day in the USA regardless of any situation.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Now his boy is american and he can stay in the USA. I am telling you guys we need to change the constitution so these foreigners do not take advantage of the system. Ha, ha, ha.

The USA is the best country in the world. Appreciate what you have guys.

Alexei can stay in the USA because he is cuban. Cubans can apply for the green card after one year and one day in the USA regardless of any situation.

I wish more americans would realize that...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
1 Dollar = .6 Euro but I'm not going to get into all that.

The dollar is devalued because the Federal Reserve has been dropping the interest rate until the last meeting 3 days ago when they left rates unchange. The whole world has been raising interest rates to combat inflation. The USA has been doing the opposite because the banking mess. As soon as the Fed start raising interest rate at the end of this year, watch for the dollar strenghten in value against the Euro. The commodities such as oil, gold, silver, etc are going to come down hard just like the Nasdaq bubble in 2000, the housing market in 2006 and Shanghai market in 2007.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Too early to sign him?

You know, if he was a pitcher, I'd say yes, but being a hitter, I don't think it is. He's athletic, the D is there, he has speed, and he's been tearing the cover off the ball. Earlier in the season, he had no shot against any kind of breaking ball. Today he hit 2 of them VERY hard.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
You know, if he was a pitcher, I'd say yes, but being a hitter, I don't think it is. He's athletic, the D is there, he has speed, and he's been tearing the cover off the ball. Earlier in the season, he had no shot against any kind of breaking ball. Today he hit 2 of them VERY hard.

I meant Alexei's newborn son.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
The dollar is devalued because the Federal Reserve has been dropping the interest rate until the last meeting 3 days ago when they left rates unchange. The whole world has been raising interest rates to combat inflation. The USA has been doing the opposite because the banking mess. As soon as the Fed start raising interest rate at the end of this year, watch for the dollar strenghten in value against the Euro. The commodities such as oil, gold, silver, etc are going to come down hard just like the Nasdaq bubble in 2000, the housing market in 2006 and Shanghai market in 2007.

That sort of talk is way too high brow for something around here.