Boner move in the making....M's release Abbott

witesoxfan

The Mariners released Paul Abbott today....and it would not surprise me in the slightest if KW picked him up, and to a major league deal too. If it was to a minor league deal it wouldn't be so bad, but knowing KW, he'll try to add by subraction.

Is this the type of move some were talking about? If it is, I can almost feel another Todd Ritchie performance coming on...:mad:

Why not take a shot on him if he comes cheaply. Abbott isn't great, but he did have a damn good year two years ago and is still a solid option.

Plus, its always nice to have some arms cause everyone is always looking for pitchers and plenty of times you can throw in guys like these to get a deal done, especially if the salary is cheap.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Its amazing how when we think the Sox can pick up a player cheap and its a pitcher we just know KW will at least make a push at him.

Man, its too bad we couldn't think that when front line players were available.

i was gonna post something similiar..its like JR and KW have us all programmed now not to even think about a front line pitcher...reminds of the "joe six pack" syndrome with the last presidential administration