juan uribe

hi8is

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been my favorite player through the years. One of the most entertaining players I have ever seen. Gotta love when he swings and falls down. Or his odd style of fielding, sweeping is hands across the ball. His hand cannon. 2005.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
LOL

I like Uribe's defense, but come on, Alexei Ramirez waxes that mutha f****

Any pro Uribe comments I make are strictly about him being a back up or insurance against injury. I feel he has a lot of value in that context.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Any pro Uribe comments I make are strictly about him being a back up or insurance against injury. I feel he has a lot of value in that context.

He does, but im glad that we saw that Alexei would flourish given solid playing time. The kid has shown he has a chance to be a GG 2B right away, and should be an impact bat for us for the next several years.

UribeAuction: /dives into stands

**OnlineHost** Juan Uribe has made an unbelievable catch.

The_Baseball_Consciousness: Shades of Derek Jeter!

UribeAuction: What? Bulls***! I just made that catch at a critical point of the clinching game of the World Series!

UribeAuction: And instead of wussing out I stayed in the game so I could make another brilliant play to end the game.

UribeAuction: i swear to god if you say that again

The_Baseball_Consciousness: Shades of De

JeterJeterPumpkinEater: Hey guys, what's up? I just went shopping with Baby and picked up some new sunglasses at the mall!

UribeAuction: GRRRRR

**OnlineHost** UribeAuction has ripped JeterJeterPumpkinEater's shades off his face and thrown them on the ground.

UribeAuction: /stomp stomp stomp

JeterJeterPumpkinEater: Oh no!

TheShepherdRoundTheWorld:

Pulverized!

JeterJeterPumpkinEater: ohhh noooo

TheShepherdRoundTheWorld:

My mind feverishly raced to come up with an excuse. A stupid cholo! It might work. It had to work.

JeterJeterPumpkinEater: /runs inside

waaaaaaaah

homosexual_rod: OOOOOOOOH

OOOOOH BOIIII WHAT JOO DO

JeterJeterPumpkinEater: unh, there was this stupid cholo!, and he, and he stomped on my glasses, and

homosexual_rod: OOOOOOOOH COME ON BOI LES CLEEN JOO OP

/walks JeterJeterPumpkinEater upstairs

WinBenSteinsBrenner: Everything okay up there?

homosexual_rod: YAH WE JUS FINE

DON EVEN THINK ABOU TOUCHEENG THAT TURKEY! JOO GET WORMPS

WinBenSteinsBrenner: grrr!

/tiptoes to kitchen

McGrifftheCrimeFred: RUFF RUFF

/devours turkey, runs out door

WinBenSteinsBrenner: DEVIL RAYYYYS

SONS A b****AAAAS

Rafael Furcal will have surgery on Thursday to relieve pressure on a disk in his lower back and is likely to miss at least two months.

This puts the Dodgers very much in the market for a shortstop. It's doubtful that Nomar Garciaparra is the answer, and none of the internal options have been close to adequate. A trade for Juan Uribe or David Eckstein could be a possibility, though Eckstein probably isn't available just yet. Perhaps Edgar Renteria could also become an option later this month.

this was on rotoworld

Edited by north side chi sox fan

West W L PCT

Arizona 42 43 .494

Los Angeles 40 44 .476 1.5 back

they have to make a move.. but i wouldnt trade uribe unless we got some value back for him

Edited by north side chi sox fan

Uribe did make a couple of great plays to secure that 1-0 win, but I some people seem to be insinuating that were Uribe not our shortstop, we wouldn't have won that game. Yes, he was in the middle of a couple of good plays but I think framing his value in terms of the world series win is a bit much.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)
Uribe did make a couple of great plays to secure that 1-0 win, but I some people seem to be insinuating that were Uribe not our shortstop, we wouldn't have won that game. Yes, he was in the middle of a couple of good plays but I think framing his value in terms of the world series win is a bit much.

Well, he is thought of well enough during that series to get a nice fat spot in the memorial out in front of the Cell.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
Well, he is thought of well enough during that series to get a nice fat spot in the memorial out in front of the Cell.

I would argue Geoff Blum did more than Uribe to secure the series win. When the Sox went up 3-0, everyone knew they were going to win the series at that point. Had Houston won that third game, the series could've gone either way.

Granted, the foul ball was a spectacular play, but in the context of the series I don't see it as being particularly crucial. I think it's easier to canonize because it was such a difficult play.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
I would argue Geoff Blum did more than Uribe to secure the series win. When the Sox went up 3-0, everyone knew they were going to win the series at that point. Had Houston won that third game, the series could've gone either way.

Granted, the foul ball was a spectacular play, but in the context of the series I don't see it as being particularly crucial. I think it's easier to canonize because it was such a difficult play.

What? You would argue that a player who got one world series at bat did more to secure the WS victory than the starting short stop?

Im no Uribe backer, but thats insane.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
What? You would argue that a player who got one world series at bat did more to secure the WS victory than the starting short stop?

Im not Uribe backer, but thats insane.

Exactly! Our pitching was the reason we won the Series, and got to it for that matter. Part of the reason for the effectiveness of our pitchers was the defensive excellence shown by the team. Juan Uribe was a big part of that defense throughout the playoffs. I know Uribe is considered in very low regard by some people around here, but step back and take a good hard baseball look at what Juan meant to the '05 team before you minimize him with comments like Blum's contribution was more important. Ridiculous.

Not really going to happen, but for some reason the Blue Jays are reportedly offering up A.J. Burnett for a shortstop. And while we don't exactly NEED a starting pitcher, getting Burnett couldn't hurt, especially not for Uribe. Eh?

And again, I'm not saying this is a fair one-for-one swap or anything, or that it's close to happening AT ALL, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Edited by rcpweiner