Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
Rumors are swirling involved these 2 groups- CHI/PHI/TB and CHI/TB/OTT. Not sure on which players are rumored to be involved.

As long as Khabby is gone and receive a 20-20 or so guy and maybe a pick in return, I'd be all for it.

Where'd you hear this?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
Rumors are swirling involved these 2 groups- CHI/PHI/TB and CHI/TB/OTT. Not sure on which players are rumored to be involved.

As long as Khabby is gone and receive a 20-20 or so guy and maybe a pick in return, I'd be all for it.

Link??? Source???

Some bad news for the Hawks...

Wisniewski To Undergo Knee Surgery Chicago Blackhawks Press Release Jul 3, 2008, 12:24 PM EDT

Wisniewski The following statement was issued today by Chicago Blackhawks Head Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry of University of Chicago Medical Center:

“James Wisniewski reinjured his right knee while training for the upcoming season. He has torn his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and will undergo surgery this week. We anticipate full recovery and his return during the 2008-09 season.”

Last season, Wisniewski, 24, took the ice in 68 games with the Blackhawks and registered 26 points on seven goals and 19 assists. The defenseman also logged 103 PIM in 2007-08. In his three seasons in Chicago, he has played in 137 games and scored 11 goals and 32 assists for 43 points. Wisniewski originally joined the Blackhawks as their fifth round selection (156th overall) in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/07/zherd...traded_to.shtml

Rags make a deal

Zherdev/Fritsche to NYR for Tyutin/Backman

Landing Zherdev has raised my hopes a little bit for this season.

I can't believe we got Zherdev for 2 garbage defensemen. Slats is a magician.

QUOTE (Gage Loves Me @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)

Shows how much Hitchcock wanted him out of Columbus, guess he's not a "two-way" forward, and in that system of his, you have to be.

I think it's a great deal for the Rangers, if they give Zherdev plenty of time to settle in on one of the 1st 2 lines.

QUOTE (Gage Loves Me @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)

Zherdev is a lazy player and essentially takes every 3rd day off. He's going to get his points but his laziness and inconsistency is going to drive you nuts.

BTW- I hope Wiz recovers quick. If we know we're going to be out our main enforcer for the first couple months, I think we need to go out (go even more over the cap) and sign Laraque.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
Shows how much Hitchcock wanted him out of Columbus, guess he's not a "two-way" forward, and in that system of his, you have to be.

I think it's a great deal for the Rangers, if they give Zherdev plenty of time to settle in on one of the 1st 2 lines.

Renney will set him straight. If he can get Jags playing 2 way hockey, he can get Zherdev to do the same.

QUOTE (Spiff @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
Michael Ryder for 4 mill per is high risk/high reward but at least Patrice is back next year. That's like signing a high-impact center by itself.

He's had two 30 goal seasons, a 25 goal season, and last year he had an off season. Happens to everyone.

I think $4 mil was a rather good signing by Boston who desperately needs offense. Boston also needs to get rid of that grandpa Glen Murray.

QUOTE (Gage Loves Me @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
He's had two 30 goal seasons, a 25 goal season, and last year he had an off season. Happens to everyone.

I think $4 mil was a rather good signing by Boston who desperately needs offense. Boston also needs to get rid of that grandpa Glen Murray.

Oh Muzz will probably be bought out to get under the cap, they are just waiting on Wideman's arbitration. I agree they needed offense, but a guy like Stillman only got 3.5. Ryder had fewer points than Metropolit last year, doghouse or no doghouse.