Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
What do you expect an opposing coach to do in a hard fought game? It was a close call and he would have liked it to be reviewed. Every coach in sports must be a b**** then.

It can't be reviewed, it's either interference live or not at all.

I'm as unbiased as they come, and I think the right (no) call was made, as though Ladd drove hard, the contact was initiated by Leopold, who got beat to the net after turning it over.

The more I look at this thing, especially from behind the net, the more it just looks like Kipper got beat. I don't really know how. Well, I do, he never really picked up the puck coming out of OJ's legs. But even so, I'm shocked that's what beat him.

Huge f***in win.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
Mike Keenan being a b****. Crying about Goaltender's interferrence in overtime.

Keenan was complaining about the Hawks running the goalie which is funny as Eddie O pointed out during the game that, that was what Calagary's M.O. seemed to be and it was perfectly fine.

Keenan bringing up the Brett Hull interference was great.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
It can't be reviewed, it's either interference live or not at all.

I'm as unbiased as they come, and I think the right (no) call was made, as though Ladd drove hard, the contact was initiated by Leopold, who got beat to the net after turning it over.

The more I look at this thing, especially from behind the net, the more it just looks like Kipper got beat. I don't really know how. Well, I do, he never really picked up the puck coming out of OJ's legs. But even so, I'm shocked that's what beat him.

Huge f***in win.

You are right on both accounts. That was just the shot he didn't expect... on the ice. Havlat kept it low and it happened in the net. As for the no-call, Leopold was pushing Ladd, and it's the playoffs. There were a lot of no-calls.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
I could probably only name 10 Hawks players from the top of my head... I'm not one of you hardcore fans, but it is cool as f*** to see them winning. Hopefully they go all the way.

Hockey is interesting. If you get a hot goaltender, you can ride him to the Cup. One thing that works out enormously in the Hawks' favor is their side of the playoff tree would have them playing the winner of St. Louis/Vancouver if they get past the Flames.

Meanwhile, the Sharks and Redwings would be duking it out, if they both get past the first round. Last night's game proves Anaheim was a very unlucky draw for the Sharks in round 1, however. I could easily see it being Wings/Ducks in round 2.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
Hockey is interesting. If you get a hot goaltender, you can ride him to the Cup. One thing that works out enormously in the Hawks' favor is their side of the playoff treewould have them playing the winner of St. Louis/Vancouver if they get past the Flames.

Meanwhile, the Sharks and Redwings would be duking it out, if they both get past the first round. Last night's game proves Anaheim was a very unlucky draw for the Sharks in round 1, however. I could easily see it being Wings/Ducks in round 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only really started following hockey the past few years, but don't they restructure the seeds after each round? So the only way the Hawks would play the St. Louis/Vancouver winner would be if Anaheim or Columbus upset?

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only really started following hockey the past few years, but don't they restructure the seeds after each round? So the only way the Hawks would play the St. Louis/Vancouver winner would be if Anaheim or Columbus upset?

That's right. See note under the "bracket."

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/postseason/bracket

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)

link

It seems that you are right. It's been since before the rules were changed that the Hawks advanced past the 1st round, so I haven't cared to learn the new rules!

Hilarious.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
link

It seems that you are right. It's been since before the rules were changed that the Hawks advanced past the 1st round, so I haven't cared to learn the new rules!

Hilarious.

Yea, I hear ya.

i recall someone telling me last year about the newer structure, and how the Stanley Cup Playoffs seeding changed, unlike the NBA.

Go Hawks

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
:lol:

It just caused the page to mess up. No biggie. That's why I edited it.

Ha, alright, well since it was you I'll let it slide!

I like the use of a curse word in the moderating, it's actually really funny! :lolhitting

What a fantastic night last night was for the Hawks as an organization. It really in my opinion fortells good things in this series too, because the Hawks played HORRENDOUS hockey for most of the night and still won the game. Nerves were obviously a factor, yet the Hawks still found a way. I think with that first game out of the way, they will really settle in, play well, and win the series.

Edited by whitesoxfan101