Vote or DYE Trying

wilmot825

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Dye deserves to be on; little surprised, OK a lot surprised Joe made it.

p.s. Glad to see CC leave the AL for selfish reasons. Kind of a loss for the city of Cleveland though. Wow.

How will local McDonald's franchises ever recover?

I just voted twice for Dye and Rowand.

Couldn't somebody who is a techno nerd set up a computer program to vote for Dye

about 7 million times?

Why do they let people vote more than once??

Cmon techno nerd Sox fan? Vote for Dye a few million times pls.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
I strongly disagree with all of you. Dye has been very good for us this year, but he does not deserve to get voted in over Longoria. The all star game is made so worthless by all the fan voting. Because the players who are more well liked (usually due to what team they're on) are the ones who become all stars, not the ones who deserve it per their performance on the year.

Vote Longoria. If you vote a player in just because he plays for your team than you are just as bad as all those people who voted for the Boston/Yankee players like crazy.

The all star game should be a matter of performance, not popularity.

Now some could make an argument that Dye is more deserving than Longoria, if you really feel that way than vote for him. But considering that Evan started the year after Dye, and has played GG caliber defense, you gotta put him in there over JD.

Jermaine's numbers are just as good as Longoria's

Dye's numbers

AVG = .308

HR = 19

RBI = 52

OBP = .363

SLG = .556

OPS = .919

Longoria's numbers

AVG = .281

HR = 16

RBI = 52

OBP = .353

SLG = .537

OPS = .890

Dye is higher in every category there except RBI, where he is tied.

Just stopping by to ask if anyone has gone to a Phils, Astros, Giants board etc. and asked to vote for Jermaine while they are voting for their guy to make it to the game? Also we should go to some of the big BoSox boards and get them to vote for Jermaine to keep the cheater Giambi out of the game. He stole the MVP from Frank in 2000 and now we can't let him steal Jermaine's trip to the All-Star Game.

Yankees fans will be out in full force to get their man to the ASG at their home park so we're going to need all the help we can get. I don't know any of the other boards that is why I'm reaching out to you guys because I'm sure some of you might have posted over at some of these other teams boards once in awhile.

For that guy who thinks Longoria deserves it more, Evan will have plenty of more chances to make the All-Star Game. I think Dye deserves it more this year, but he should be there instead of Crede. I'm sure as hell glad to see Joe there as a biased Sox fan though.

QUOTE (whitesoxin' @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 02:53 AM)
He stole the MVP from Frank in 2000 and now we can't let him steal Jermaine's trip to the All-Star Game.

Yankees fans will be out in full force to get their man to the ASG at their home park so we're going to need all the help we can get. I don't know any of the other boards that is why I'm reaching out to you guys because I'm sure some of you might have posted over at some of these other teams boards once in awhile.

Not to mention in 2003, he was voted in over Frank . Would have been nice to see the best player in Franchise history get to play in front of the home town fans. Nope, the rest of the nation does not care about the White Sox. I figured that out at a very young age. This would be a nice way of revenge. Too bad it is not Jeter instead of Giambi on the final man ballot.

I'm disappointed that I don't have a computer right now for this, Anytime I come into contact with one, JD will be getting at least a couple more votes. I remember in 2005 my boss let me take the last 3 hours of work the two days of voting so I could vote for Pods. I must have put in so many votes those 6 hours.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 07:43 AM)
can they make the validation codes any freakin harder to read?

Seriously, idk how many times I've gotten it wrong. I hope to have voted at least 1500 times by the end of this thing. I have a lot of free time coming up. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
Looks like a bunch of Red Sox fans voted in that poll...

clearly, John Lester the overwhelming snub of AL pitchers? his numbers don't even come to the 16 AL pitchers ahead of him including Danks who gave up 31 v 44 ER and ERA of 2.52 v 3.51

and note the two top players not deserving are Arod and Jeter but no mention of Ortiz or Ramirez.......

tell me, go ahead and tell me how hypocritical it is for ESPN to even have such a pole after spending the past decade doing everything they could to help the national popularity of the RSox.......they are squarely to blame for what an 11 yr old on the internet picks, they have no clue what the stats are, only the highlights and behind the scenes that ESPN drills into their impressionable brains week in and week out.